Found this on ebay, cool concept, Getting into the crevices

Think I'll modify my 4" nozzle to accommodate one of those. Cool idea.
Ill add a separate shut off for it though.

GG~

Now that I think of it....... by using my blaster nozzle attachment there is really no need for a crevice suction tool.

GG~

I agree GG, but I still think if used in conjunction with a blaster there may be a benefit. I was thinking of going one further, building a attachment that would slip over the nozzle, that would restrict the flow just a little and would have a smaller flexible hose with nozzle to reach in to the tighter spots. Hopefully that makes sense.

I agree GG, but I still think if used in conjunction with a blaster there may be a benefit. I was thinking of going one further, building a attachment that would slip over the nozzle, that would restrict the flow just a little and would have a smaller flexible hose with nozzle to reach in to the tighter spots. Hopefully that makes sense.

I suppose it's worth a shot but seems like my nozzle has no trouble sucking in every bit of the material that the blaster loosens up.

GG~

I would have to see it in action before dropping the cash. I can't see it actually having very much suction on the end of that tool. Force takes the path of least resistance, and dredge suction works partly on the inertia principle. If you pinch a 3" nozzle down to 1/2" you don't still have 3" level of suction.

I ran into a few situations last year where I could of used something like that. Take for instance if you have a crack in the bedrock that was only 2" wide but really deep, it took some time to break/pry that bedrock up to get down to the bottim, something like that could be a benefit. I think if you had like a cap for the nozzle with a small hose coming off the end, you could put it on the nozzle and get down to the bottom of a deep crack faster with less effort. You would not want it to block the whole nozzle off, that might kill your water flow/recovery but instead just block it off just a little.

Think that's a winner for sure but why not just make a flat cap with a smaller hose kinda like a vacume cleaner attachment that has a smaller hose ..
That way when you hit those special cracks where it's needed just slide it ocer your nozzel clean and go..
But for sure I know sometimes I hit huge cracks that are really deep but too small for the nozzle land when you hit them whit the blaster nozzle

Looks like it good be pretty valuable in some cases. Maybe get in the way the rest of the time. I have a cone/funnel to put over the end of my 4" nozzle that restricts it down to about 2". It's pretty small and increases the suction quite a bit. It gets in the way sometimes though. Trying to figure out a holder for it

Save your dough guys. You can run a piece of small diameter hose. like an air hose up inside your nozzle a ways and guess what. You can then get down into those narrow cracks. It works

$160 bucks eh..

I smell spam.

Umm, I am not the seller nor do I have anything to do with this auction. Just post something I found that's of interest.

Hey Jack, we should go have a beer or coffee sometime so we can exchange stories and tell lies :laughing7:

Problem with this style of crevice sucker is cavitation from huge loss of flow. You must drill many holes in whatever ya cram in there to allow more water in or your box just trickles,loads up and when undone that blast blows out the box. Ya ain't dredging without a righteous blaster nozzle,just a mutzn' and a putzn'-John

Blasters rule :headbang:
(some more than others) mine is adjustable from a tiny jet that will peel paint all the way up to a 200' long stream.

Last edited:
Blasters rule :headbang: (some more than others) mine will peel paint.
I agree but some times those cracks and holes get so deep that when you blast them it goes everywhere but your nozzle !

But I think it could be made a lot simpler also ! There no need to make a hole new nozzle !
How about something like a shop vac attachment with a 1" hose and slim crevesing tool ?
That way it not in the way when your doing the normal work!

But I bet this fella on eBay sells the crap out of these !

I agree but some times those cracks and holes get so deep that when you blast them it goes everywhere but your nozzle !

But I think it could be made a lot simpler also ! There no need to make a hole new nozzle !
How about something like a shop vac attachment with a 1" hose and slim crevesing tool ?
That way it not in the way when your doing the normal work!

But I bet this fella on eBay sells the crap out of these !

No thank you. To lose the swivel nozzle and have to fight the hose plus the loss of suction... I also love my blaster nozzles!

You know what they say, there is always someone out there trying to separate you from your hard earned $$$! :BangHead:

I saw an adapter that you put over the end of your swivel nozzle that was tapered down I liked some place on the internet... Forgot where tho. I have some pictures of it some place. I am in the middle of swapping out computers so it is like everything else. "When you need or want it you cannot find it but when you do not need it... it is in your way!"

I have a Keene Blaster nozzle SP21 kit and HCT. I only open the ball valve on the blaster nozzle just enough to start breaking up the material. Depending on how much material I need to feed the nozzle, I open and close the feed. I leave the end of the nozzle a few inches away from the wall and blow the material into the nozzle. I just want enough flow and pressure to start the break up of the sands and smaller gravels around the bigger rocks so I can see which ones need to be removed from the hole. I also want to start the breaking up of the clays found here in NC which is where most of the gold is found in. By doing this I do not have as many gold robbing clay balls going though my sluice. There is nothing like looking at your tailings pile and seeing a lot of clay mixed in with everything. Then you are left standing there wondering how much gold you just lost... :BangHead:

I know we all have different ways to do things. This is one of the best ways I have found to move the material faster here in the creeks in NC. I am sure there are many places where this method will not work.

The more gold bearing material you move through your sluice, the more AU you take home at the end of the day!

No thank you. To lose the swivel nozzle and have to fight the hose plus the loss of suction... I also love my blaster nozzles! You know what they say, there is always someone out there trying to separate you from your hard earned $$$! :BangHead: I saw an adapter that you put over the end of your swivel nozzle that was tapered down I liked some place on the internet... Forgot where tho. I have some pictures of it some place. I am in the middle of swapping out computers so it is like everything else. "When you need or want it you cannot find it but when you do not need it... it is in your way!" I have a Keene Blaster nozzle SP21 kit and HCT. I only open the ball valve on the blaster nozzle just enough to start breaking up the material. Depending on how much material I need to feed the nozzle, I open and close the feed. I leave the end of the nozzle a few inches away from the wall and blow the material into the nozzle. I just want enough flow and pressure to start the break up of the sands and smaller gravels around the bigger rocks so I can see which ones need to be removed from the hole. I also want to start the breaking up of the clays found here in NC which is where most of the gold is found in. By doing this I do not have as many gold robbing clay balls going though my sluice. There is nothing like looking at your tailings pile and seeing a lot of clay mixed in with everything. Then you are left standing there wondering how much gold you just lost... :BangHead: I know we all have different ways to do things. This is one of the best ways I have found to move the material faster here in the creeks in NC. I am sure there are many places where this method will not work. The more gold bearing material you move through your sluice, the more AU you take home at the end of the day!
Think you lost my whole concept merc . I'm not talking about changing out your swivel nozzle just making a attachment ! Something cheap that would ack like a shop vac attachment ! You would place it over your swivel nozzle and would make a smaller hose for when you hit those deep cracks That are too deep too work with a blaster nozzle.. And I don't think the area would make much difference unless your just not working on bed rock ! It's not a everywhere thing for sure but more a less a attachment for working areas that are not accessible to work a blaster or too deep and long of a crack to effectively use a standard nozzle and a blaster..

My shop vac has such a attachment that drops the hose size to 1" and a little tiny narrow tool for cleaning out such stuff and that's what I'm thinking of !
It would be very cheap and easy to make one !

If you try to use that thing and close off the main nozzle to get suction it will do as John said and starve the sluice,it will also suck the small hose flat and render it useless!
IMHO Wes

Been wondering something for a few days. Since I haven't even used a dredge yet, Going to get one next Saturday, its probably a dumb idea, I just don't know why. A pressure washer wand run along side the nozzle with the tip slightly aimed towards the nozzle opening. The smaller ones are light and worked with a dredge highbanker it would be practically weightless, just the hose, wand and tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back