What's new

Found this small buckle any idea of age?

DIGGING1971GUY

Sr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2011
Messages
324
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Digging in my honey hole today, i find this small buckle ,looking at the design on it makes me think very old .
Any help would be great ,it is in pretty good shape .
My computer wont insert images so sorry for the links ,Thanks !!

http://i56.tinypic.com/nmztzl.jpg
 
I like it :icon_thumleft: I'm sure someone here will be able to give you more info.

For the images to show using the Tinypic link... just put this [ img] and [ /img] around the front and back of the link address (remove the space I added after the [ on both) or just click the "Insert Image" button (the camera with the black edge) and they will appear and you can put your link address between them-

Also when you upload on tinypic choose the "message board" size option or the pic will be too large.

qqam1z.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
I like it :icon_thumleft: I'm sure someone here will be able to give you more info.

For the images to show using the Tinypic link... just put this [ img] and [ /img] around the front and back of the link address (remove the space I added after the [ on both) or just click the "Insert Image" button (the camera with the black edge) and they will appear and you can put your link address between them-

Also when you upload on tinypic choose the "message board" size option or the pic will be too large.

qqam1z.jpg
Thank you !!
 
Upvote 0
Hey DigginGuy, That's a sweet buckle. :icon_thumleft: It has an Art Deco look to it, so I'm going with that time period. Nice find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Hey DigginGuy, That's a sweet buckle. :icon_thumleft: It has an Art Deco look to it, so I'm going with that time period. Nice find, Breezie
Thanks Breezie ,i was thinking about the time period myself and you confirmed it.
Most of the buckles i dig are not in as good as shape as this one ,it was down at about 8" with the ATpro
I love digging buckles ,my friends could care less but i would rather dig an old buckle than a stinkin Lincoln any day LOL
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Hey DigginGuy, That's a sweet buckle. :icon_thumleft: It has an Art Deco look to it, so I'm going with that time period. Nice find, Breezie
For some reason i picture this on a cat collar or dog? what buckle is this small ? kids shoe ?
 
Upvote 0
DIGGING1971GUY said:
Breezie said:
Hey DigginGuy, That's a sweet buckle. :icon_thumleft: It has an Art Deco look to it, so I'm going with that time period. Nice find, Breezie
For some reason i picture this on a cat collar or dog? what buckle is this small ? kids shoe ?

I think this buckle would have been used on a ladies dress, hat, or choker. It could have also gone on a man's watch fob leather strap.

As far as antique dog collars are concerned, you might be surprised what they looked like:
http://www.antiquepooch.com/antique_dog_collars.html
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
DIGGING1971GUY said:
Breezie said:
Hey DigginGuy, That's a sweet buckle. :icon_thumleft: It has an Art Deco look to it, so I'm going with that time period. Nice find, Breezie
For some reason i picture this on a cat collar or dog? what buckle is this small ? kids shoe ?

I think this buckle would have been used on a ladies dress, hat, or choker. It could have also gone on a man's watch fob leather strap.

As far as antique dog collars are concerned, you might be surprised what they looked like:
http://www.antiquepooch.com/antique_dog_collars.html
Ok well that helped me change my mind on the dog collar LOL wow some of those look mid evil
I can see it being on a lady's hat now for sure ,your good thanks !!!!!
 
Upvote 0
:read2:

The type of Buckle shape was in use in the 17th century, but it could be more modern, depends on what it's made from.

SS
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom