Found today

OP
OP
H

HMet

It's pure silver! However, I cant find any information on it at all..........I'll keep tryin.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry about that-- I meant, how does it compare in size? It is from Venezuela, so you should be able to locate it in a book of 20th century coins, for current value.

OP
OP
H

HMet

Believe it or not it's the exact same size as the American dime. At first I thought I had found some rare dime until I turned it over and saw the crest. I havent been doing this long and this was my first "non junk" find. It's these little things that make ya just want to run out and dig up the whole yard!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey HMet,

Great find! Sometimes we tend to over look our own back yards. I know you are excited to get back out there.

I read your post to Diggin D (standing liberty). I am also a lady detectorist. Where are you located? Just curious. I would love to hook up with another lady in my area to do some hunting. I'm in Aiken, SC.

Keep up the good work!

Cindy (Moon)

OP
OP
H

HMet

I live in Northeast PA near Scranton........coal country

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awwwwww Shucks! :'(

Oh well......please keep us all posted on what ya find good.

HH and have a great weekend!

Moon

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not a Bolivian coin, it's Venezuelan. See the reverse of the coin.

My world coin values book for 2005 list this as follows:

50 Centimos (says this on the obverse of the coin)
Weight 2.5000 g
Composition: 0.8350 Silver
0.0671 OZ Silver
In Uncirculated condition it's worth $3.00
No vales before this for fine, vf, or xf. 8)

OP
OP
H

HMet

Noooooo not a Bolivian coin............. a Bolivar 50 cent piece (from Venezula), I think I wrote Bolivar not Bolivian. Simon Bolivar was one of South America's greatest generals. He is recognised as a national hero in Venezuela, and this is reflected in their coins, which are denominated in Bolivars (Bolivares), and his portrait appears frequently on many of their coins as their liberator.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread