Found tree markings and a rock formation need help!

GrizzlyFrost

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!! Me and my girl where out for a hike today and came across some markings on a tree it's 3 circles and looks like a S under them. Behind the tree in a straight line are 3 boulders from small to big and the line up with the tree. I don't know if it's a secret location of something but I know that there are old stone bridges in theses woods and the Mississippi River is close by. There is also some old forts around these areas!

Attachments

• image-269297214.jpg
    image-269297214.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 347
  • image-2425200325.jpg
    image-2425200325.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 372

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!! Me and my girl where out for a hike today and came across some markings on a tree it's 3 circles and looks like a S under them. Behind the tree in a straight line are 3 boulders from small to big and the line up with the tree. I don't know if it's a secret location of something but I know that there are old stone bridges in theses woods and the Mississippi River is close by. There is also some old forts around these areas!

Hello,

S is for Spanish or Superior

The three circles represent three separate locations. I would get a deep seeker metal detector and search around the three boulders. The Spanish were known to bury treasures quite deep sometimes deeper than 7 feet.

This is my personal opinion as to what course of action I would follow.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thought too that the tree with the markings is not very old. But that doesn't mean it's not a marker for something that could be cool to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread