jewelerdave
Hero Member
- Joined
- Aug 29, 2007
- Messages
- 850
- Reaction score
- 98
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- Detector(s) used
- I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
- Primary Interest:
- Prospecting
So after cleaning out my local town I went to one near by...
Funny thing is one of the tellers here when I asked for halves disappeared for like 15 min with the other tellers and brought out some rolls.
All of them marked...and she was kinda stressed after she brought them out. total skunk and very fishy.
So in the next town over I had some luck, one teller gave me two rolls of new 2007 one a D and one a P...So what should I do with them? I have not opened them.
No silver yet.
Next bank seemed like a good deal. "we roll our own, we have $900 in halves) Jackpot I thought too my self.
Nope. All marked, must be someones dump but someone was careless and missed something uncommon. I got a Columbus 1992 500th half. And it even had a mark on the side. Tisk Tisk for who ever missed it...no silver.
So the day was turning out to be crap, over 2k in coins searched and nothing yet.
Then I asked at a wells fargo, they said they had some but they had to save it for a guy who went though to get the silver...Really, thats interesting I said.
I went to a bank near buy and asked, Only $220 in stock, I will take them.
JACKPOT seems like someone around here was lazy and missed this bank, Opened them up and almost every roll produced a %40 and 1 90% some multiples in the same roll.
checked a few others but had no luck, the tellers were nice enough to search them for me while I was waiting and told me they even counted twice to make sure...magically no silver. surprise surprise.
So not a bad day but it looks like I am gonna have to start ordering from here on out. Much as I love driving around. At least I so far have always made a profit even on a bad day, Got a Prius, Thats a part of my arsenal for long distance hunting
So what should I do with these Unc Rolls of 07's?
And I gotta ask. Does anyone else find it Ironic they have Columbus standing under the word Liberty...WTF is up with that?
Funny thing is one of the tellers here when I asked for halves disappeared for like 15 min with the other tellers and brought out some rolls.
All of them marked...and she was kinda stressed after she brought them out. total skunk and very fishy.
So in the next town over I had some luck, one teller gave me two rolls of new 2007 one a D and one a P...So what should I do with them? I have not opened them.
No silver yet.
Next bank seemed like a good deal. "we roll our own, we have $900 in halves) Jackpot I thought too my self.
Nope. All marked, must be someones dump but someone was careless and missed something uncommon. I got a Columbus 1992 500th half. And it even had a mark on the side. Tisk Tisk for who ever missed it...no silver.
So the day was turning out to be crap, over 2k in coins searched and nothing yet.
Then I asked at a wells fargo, they said they had some but they had to save it for a guy who went though to get the silver...Really, thats interesting I said.
I went to a bank near buy and asked, Only $220 in stock, I will take them.
JACKPOT seems like someone around here was lazy and missed this bank, Opened them up and almost every roll produced a %40 and 1 90% some multiples in the same roll.
checked a few others but had no luck, the tellers were nice enough to search them for me while I was waiting and told me they even counted twice to make sure...magically no silver. surprise surprise.
So not a bad day but it looks like I am gonna have to start ordering from here on out. Much as I love driving around. At least I so far have always made a profit even on a bad day, Got a Prius, Thats a part of my arsenal for long distance hunting

So what should I do with these Unc Rolls of 07's?
And I gotta ask. Does anyone else find it Ironic they have Columbus standing under the word Liberty...WTF is up with that?
Attachments
Upvote
0







