What's new

Four Boxes: Silver Slows-down

Steve L.

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
407
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vienna, ME
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
This week's four boxes of Halves was not as good as last week's; but still produced 7x 90% and 16x 40% coins.

I'm hoping this is not the begining of a big slow-down. Last year at this time, things got really bad here. I think I had 18 straight skunks. I couldn't wait for that streak to end. :'(

Even with the reduced numbers I had still had three enders, including the reverse of a Franklin (see the picture below), so I feel very fortunate.

This week's take came in at about 4.8 troy ounces of silver. I also pulled an Obama coin, that went to a fellow at my dump bank, and two clad S-Mint Bicentennial Proofs both were a little "used".

The numbers and pictures by box and collected together are offered below.

Box 1: 7x 40% (2x 1966, 3x 1967, and 2x 1968-D).

Box 2: 3x 90% (a 1963-D Ben (one of the enders) and 2x 1964 Kennedy's); and 4x 40% (1x 1966; 1x 1967, 1x 1968-D, and 1x 1969-D).

Box 3: 1x 90% (1964); and 4x 40% (2x 1967, 1x 1968-D, and 1x 1969-D).

Box 4: 3x 90% (all 1964 Kennedy's); and 1x 40% (a 1969-D).

I hope that you all enjoy good health and happiness in your searching. My very best wishes to each of you.

Happy hunting.
Steve
 

Attachments

  • Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Box 1.webp
    Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Box 1.webp
    166.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Box 2.webp
    Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Box 2.webp
    159.3 KB · Views: 296
  • Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Bender.webp
    Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Bender.webp
    95.2 KB · Views: 300
  • Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Box 3.webp
    Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Box 3.webp
    252.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Box 4.webp
    Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Box 4.webp
    134.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Combined Total.webp
    Coin Roll Hunting 30 Jan 2011 Combined Total.webp
    109 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
crazy... thats slow... i wish i could find that... that beats my monthly total :(
 
Nice finds - I like your version of slow compared to mine. My slow is 14 out of 15 skunk boxes the past week and a half.

Good Luck!
 
sounds like great 4 boxes to me.
try 1 40% out of 5 boxes (my last week's total)
 
:hello: :icon_thumleft: Sweet boxes !!!!!!!!!!! Specially loved the Benji ender !!!!!!!
 
d2arcing, MentalUnrest , and yonico;
I hope you guys find that things pick up and that your numbers improve.
I feel very fortunate here. I seem to be on a long streak of pretty good numbers.
I am getting a bit concerned that my long streak will come screeching to a halt here soon. Like I said, last year we tanked hard for about three months. I actually stopped pulling from my local supply and occasionally would drive down south about a hundred miles to pick up some boxes.
I wouldn't presume to know what is best for you all, but if you have the ability to do so you might consider picking up some rolls or boxes from outside your normal locations.
Hang in there, you'll score some good numbers.
Best of luck,
Steve
 
Steve,
Not bad for four boxes. Some of the coins look real nice.
Best of luck this week!
rileyboy
 
Slow down, heck, I would give my wife's right arm for boxes like those..... :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom