RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Holidays Everyone!

By far, these are my best finds ever! I'm not sure I can ever top these but I'm going to try. These were found at the site of an old sheep farm here in NJ. They are listed as Cobb #5b, Albert #WI-11c and Dewitt #1789-8. If you know of anyone else, besides Mountainman2 (also from NJ) that has ever found four of these, please let me know. Thanks for looking!

***Update--I just received my authentication/appraisal from Stack's and the four combined come out to $17,500, but historically, they are priceless, especially in this condition! Thanks to all who have helped with info and your kind words. Happy Hunting in 2010!

Rick (Goalrush)

Attachments

• NJ Dig 42.jpg
    NJ Dig 42.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,609
  • NJ Dig 42.jpg
    NJ Dig 42.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,343
  • NJ Dig 42.jpg
    NJ Dig 42.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,294

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Four George Washington Inaugural buttons

WOW! :thumbsup: Were they all together or near each other? Awesome score. :notworthy: Congrats.

S

seger98

I was thinking the same thing DigginThePast was, awesome finds however they were found! :thumbsup:

pinebarrens1

Dec 20, 2007
bayville nj
Detector(s) used
minelab xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i wish that was in my part of new jersey .............thanks for making us shine .......al

OP
OP
RelicRick

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginThePast said:
WOW! :thumbsup: Were they all together or near each other? Awesome score. :notworthy: Congrats.

Thanks for the kind words! The first was found w/ my MXT about 8' behind the cellar hole. It was about 4" deep. The rest were found sifting the dirt from one quadrant of a 14'X24' cellar hole, so all told they were all within 8' from one another. Happy Hunting!

Rick (Goalrush)

OP
OP
RelicRick

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pinebarrens1 said:
i wish that was in my part of new jersey .............thanks for making us shine .......al

Hey PB1, Stay the course my friend...I believe some have been found in your area as well! Do your research and keep digging! Good Luck

Rick (Goalrush)

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goalrush said:
DigginThePast said:

Thanks for the kind words! The first was found w/ my MXT about 8' behind the cellar hole. It was about 4" deep. The rest were found sifting the dirt from one quadrant of a 14'X24' cellar hole, so all told they were all within 8' from one another. Happy Hunting!

Rick (Goalrush)

Cool. Was just wondering if they were all lost together.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm glad i had the chance to see those in person. They are in amazing condition for their age. Congrats again Goalrush.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250

some dork had 4 different gw buttons on the h channel show the pawn shop and sold them for 300.00 the owner was a rip off and the seller needed his brain examined

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I saw that one too, talk about a bonehead that didn't know what he had.
he could have sold them at auction, for 10x what they gave him

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

olepossum said:
some dork had 4 different gw buttons on the h channel show the pawn shop and sold them for 300.00 the owner was a rip off and the seller needed his brain examined
Saw that as well, but i thought he sold them for $3000.00 total and there was only 3 of them.

OP
OP
RelicRick

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When did that air? I wish I had seen it! Do you know which variety he had? That guy appears to rip everybody off.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goalrush said:
When did that air? I wish I had seen it! Do you know which variety he had? That guy appears to rip everybody off.
It had aired on Dec 14 at 10:30pm EST. John sent me a pm or i would have missed it too. One was a script gw, i can't remember the other 2.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

Outstanding! Those are dream finds!! Happy new year!

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer

Very cool buttons Rick.
I was born in Hoboken, We lived there for 2 years then moved to a little suburb called Spotswood. I don't think it is there anymore. That was back in mid 50's. Not sure what is there now. But might be a place for you to check. I remember you turn off the main road and about a block down on right was the grade school, then after that was the first block between the woods and road there might of been around 10 houses. Then after that there was another block about the same as the first, that's the block we lived on. I was 4 an 5 then so really not sure on the number of houses. I do remember before we moved up the hill past our block they was building more houses. And the thing I mostly remember was across the street about two house down they had a willow tree in their back yard, I use to run there and hide when Fire trucks would go by. LOL
I know down the main road there was a sewing factory, My mom worked there for a bit.
Where Spotswood was exactly at I can't tell you, but might be something to do some research on this winter.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
RelicRick

RelicRick

Aug 29, 2006
Jockey Hollow
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Knightwalker said:
Very cool buttons Rick.
I was born in Hoboken, We lived there for 2 years then moved to a little suburb called Spotswood. I don't think it is there anymore. That was back in mid 50's. Not sure what is there now. But might be a place for you to check. I remember you turn off the main road and about a block down on right was the grade school, then after that was the first block between the woods and road there might of been around 10 houses. Then after that there was another block about the same as the first, that's the block we lived on. I was 4 an 5 then so really not sure on the number of houses. I do remember before we moved up the hill past our block they was building more houses. And the thing I mostly remember was across the street about two house down they had a willow tree in their back yard, I use to run there and hide when Fire trucks would go by. LOL
I know down the main road there was a sewing factory, My mom worked there for a bit.
Where Spotswood was exactly at I can't tell you, but might be something to do some research on this winter.

Thanks Knightwalker!

There is still a Spotswood in Middlesex County. Are you saying there was a suburb of Hoboken also called Spotswood? I agree with you...this is a great time of year for research! Happy New Year and Happy Hunting.

Rick (Goalrush)

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer

That is it. I tried to find it on a map and couldn't and my brother said it wasn't there anymore. So I was going by his word.
Thanks for answering me.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Super finds and stunning condition! You'll have great memories from those digs for as long as you live.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

those are some awesome buttons, congrats on finding all 4 of them!

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250

I know what it feels like to dig a G.W :wink:
I cant imagine digging FOUR :o

Keep them together as a set forever. Congrats :notworthy:

VPR

Top Member Reactions