George Washington inaugural button

Rocky13

Apr 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning hunters,
First I would like to thank everyone for their input, although I am new here I have read a lot of post in the past for information. I have only been hunting for a year and I recently found a George Washington inaugural button but didn't realize what I had until I googled Long Live The President button and it sent me to a Treasurenet post. This thing almost ended up in my flat button pile and, talk about a rookie!! Now that everyone has me all fired up about the find, I'm sure you can help with my next move. The button does have some crust on it and I'm not touching it until I get some professional advice. I would like to sell it and I am looking for suggestions on the best way to attack this. Do I get it professionally cleaned and before that who can I see to appraise it, is there even a recent book value for it. From what I have seen on the web it is a Cobb #14 or Albert WI-17a, it is 20mm and has the star on the bottom, it also seems to be high on the rarity list, not even sure if that still stands. Once again thank you all for making this a great forum that I hope I can have some positive input some day. Any info will be much appreciated, here are some pics.

DSCN2392.JPG

DSCN2393.JPG

CK7462.jpg...Who ever buys this item will be able to restore it in a professional manner...Sell as is....

Thanks Empty Pockets, love the do not touch sign!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back