What's new

Four silver day and a half penny

Bhodge

Full Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
143
Reaction score
199
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent three days detecting back in my hometown at all these "great" spots but only came up with some wheaties. Then I went to my Brother-in-laws house thats nothing really special. I had went over it before with my G2 and got nothing, I went with my AT Pro this time and found some wheats and 4 silver. The first was the Walker Half, the second was the Rosie which was stuck to a Wheatie. The next day I went over the place again (its only a 30 feet by 20 feet front yard) and found the Merc and then the Washington. Funny thing is I hit it really hard the day before, have no idea how I missed the two silvers. I do believe now that if you have any good sign that there might be coins, GO SLOW, or you will miss them. Hope you enjoy the pic.
also, the copper is a Half Penny 1935 from Great Britain I believe. Found it in town at another house. nicked it with my shovel...RRRRR
 

Attachments

  • Half Penny.webp
    Half Penny.webp
    82.1 KB · Views: 797
Upvote 0
the half penny is 1938. Sorry. any info on it would be nice. thanks
 
Nice pile of Silver ya got there,that Walker is Sweet!! God Bless Chris
 
Love the coins.
 
1/2 Penny-- George VI
Vessel: 'Golden Hind'
Mintage: 40M+
Composition: Bronze
Weight: 5.7 g
Diameter: 25.5
Engraver: Thomas Humphrey Paget
Demonitized: 8/1/1969
Don.......
 
Sweet going on all that silver...

cool score too on that half penny!
 
Congrats on your AT Pro finding silver! :hello2:
I really like the British Half Penny, nice patina! :o

Dave
 
Thats alot of silver for 1 day :icon_thumleft:



Blaze
 
:icon_thumright:thats the way it is---you think that you've covered a place---bang ,out pops more :hello2:
 
Great finds... Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Silver is always nice!!!
:icon_thumright:

Joe
 
It looks like you found some real keepers! :icon_thumleft:
 
great day with the silver and the halfpenny.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom