FOUR Sterling Rings And A Lot Of Clad

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DSCN2444.JPG DSCN2445.JPG Two weeks ago my girlfriend and I hunted a soccer field where a school built in 1909 used to be. That hunt produced 2 sterling rings and nearly $22 in clad. This time I was hunting alone and worked a section of the field we didn't get to last time. The ground was SOGGY from recent heavy rains and I spent three hours there. Finds were good, totaling 51 coins worth $8.64. Additionally I dug Three sterling rings and a charm weighing in at a combined 17.5 grams. The heart shaped charm is Tiffany...…. expensive to buy BUT probably worth only scrap on the after market.

Upvote 25

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds ! Curious to me that you found two silver rings with the Hopi "wave" design - and if you found these in Eastern Conneticut - that's a long way from Hopi land (Arizona )

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, that is some nice coin shooting!

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds ! Curious to me that you found two silver rings with the Hopi "wave" design - and if you found these in Eastern Conneticut - that's a long way from Hopi land (Arizona )

Maybe an Indian on vacation?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Way ta go. That's a nice day.:icon_thumright:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that wave design has been popular on cheap sterling rings sold all over the world. i remember even owning one when I was a kid.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice silver and clad hunt! :occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Ed. You're making up for lost time. First it was the long winter and then the hot summer. I haven't been able to crunch any of the numbers that I used to, but it's great to to see you get those "Back East Numbers" lol
Congrats on the Sterling.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely done!!! 🙌

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think the blue stone is ? (don't say sapphire !) I'm thinking Kyanite , just cant think of what other blue stones make sense here .

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks. I didn't know the design of those rings was HOPI. As for curious, I've found rings with that same design on other occasions at various places here in Connecticut. Maybe their design is sold in jewelry stores?

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done Ed. You're making up for lost time. First it was the long winter and then the hot summer. I haven't been able to crunch any of the numbers that I used to, but it's great to to see you get those "Back East Numbers" lol
Congrats on the Sterling.

Thanks Kevin, I miss those posts you used to do when you were finding all those silver coins in NYC.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you think the blue stone is ? (don't say sapphire !) I'm thinking Kyanite , just cant think of what other blue stones make sense here .

My guess is that it's glass because my knowledge of jewelry is NONE AT ALL. I also think that because of the design it's kind of old.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions