What's new

Fourth of July 1899 Cripple Creek

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
2,192
Reaction score
3,184
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl got me all fired up with his 1915 Pueblo item ::) So packed up & went out for a few hours this Morning. No coins today,,, but managed to recover a Token/medal from the 1899 Fourth of July celebration in Cripple Creek Colorado. The Obv,has the Colorado State Seal,Fourth of July,1899,Cripple Creek. The Rev,has Mt Pisgah and a depiction of the mountain. At first I thought it was a ribbion badge,but know beleive it to be a token that someone drilled.

I also found a ribbion badge that I can make out a few details on,but it is so badly pitted it will never be read. Also got a small brass tag that says H & W ,185,4 ??????? It was a nice,much cooler day than we've been having. Going to go hit an old Railroad stop tomorrow ,hopefully will have something to show off. HH
 

Attachments

  • 100_3334.webp
    100_3334.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 100_3317.webp
    100_3317.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 100_3321.webp
    100_3321.webp
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 100_3329.webp
    100_3329.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,013
Upvote 0
Cool finds... :icon_thumright:
 
"A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one..."
 
Funny you say that Niel, as soon as you read the title the song starts playing in your head, lol.
Showing my age.
 
Nice, very nice!
I went back to my site, and tried sifting for about an hour, nothing.
I've been soaking almost everything I've found lately in 60/40 vinegar,
destroys any and all patina, but I can get a lot of detail out of most that I do this to.
Keep finding and posting your killer finds!
Carl
 
Thats pretty unique! .. Definitley a cool find! :icon_thumright:
 
DIGDIG said:
Funny you say that Niel, as soon as you read the title the song starts playing in your head, lol.
Showing my age.

I am surprised more people didn't get it. I guess you are right, shows our age :)
 
Neil in West Jersey said:
DIGDIG said:
Funny you say that Niel, as soon as you read the title the song starts playing in your head, lol.
Showing my age.

I am surprised more people didn't get it. I guess you are right, shows our age :)
Well Neil ,time to show my age ;D : Up on Cripple Creek she sends me , If I spring a leak ,she mends me ,,,,, Love " THE BAND "
 
CurbdiggerCarl57 said:
Nice, very nice!
I went back to my site, and tried sifting for about an hour, nothing.
I've been soaking almost everything I've found lately in 60/40 vinegar,
destroys any and all patina, but I can get a lot of detail out of most that I do this to.
Keep finding and posting your killer finds!
Carl
Thanks Carl ! We have got to hunt every chance we get,,, Winter will be hear before we know it, all my spots at 9.000 to 10.000 feet will be froze sometime in October. Then its cabin fever for 7 to 8 months >:(
 
I like that token. Had to reply and say hello, as I was stationed in the US Army @ Ft. Carson from Sep '71 to June '74. Been up and down Pikes Peak many times, and oh yes.....................

Cripple Creek rings a bell. Nice finds there bro..................Rich
 
Neil in West Jersey said:
"A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one..."

great tune there Niel :icon_thumleft:


very nice finds there Charlie :icon_thumright:
 
Rich in Central PA said:
I like that token. Had to reply and say hello, as I was stationed in the US Army @ Ft. Carson from Sep '71 to June '74. Been up and down Pikes Peak many times, and oh yes.....................

Cripple Creek rings a bell. Nice finds there bro..................Rich
Hi Rich,Thanks for saying Hi. My Cousin just retired at Ft Carson in June,His Dad was stationed there in the late 50s & early 60s as well. I Climbed the North face of Pikes Peak,off trail ,from Green Mountain Falls to the summit for 18 straight years.Had my first heart attack in 2001 and have not been able to climb her since :( Thanks for your comment's I said Hi ! to the Peak for you. HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom