gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My resident papa fox has been around a lot lately and looking healthy and super cute. The fox family got sarcoptic mange last summer and I had to treat them with Ivermectin which is a common medicine for worms and parasites. I think mama fox died, and the babies have definitely moved on to their own territories but papa has been around for four years now. This photo he was waiting outside my window hoping for a treat which he got right after I took this pic. Sadly my camera is broken and I had to use my iphone which is not so good for small animals forty feet away.

18403AD4-0B61-4764-B230-86D11367EB71.jpeg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My resident papa fox has been around a lot lately and looking healthy and super cute. The fox family got sarcoptic mange last summer and I had to treat them with Ivermectin which is a common medicine for worms and parasites. I think mama fox died, and the babies have definitely moved on to their own territories but papa has been around for four years now. This photo he was waiting outside my window hoping for a treat which he got right after I took this pic. Sadly my camera is broken and I had to use my iphone which is not so good for small animals forty feet away.

View attachment 2011017
Gunsil: I am so proud of you THANKS :) from all the Fox's in your area :)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's looking really healthy, and content.
You're a good person in giving them a helping hand instead of a lead dinner.

It's a struggle having them around the chickens, so I just build better fencing.
When they have a need to feed the Kits they're bold, but I still can't pull a trigger on them.

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, on the advice of a wildlife preservation group I went to Tractor Supply and purchased the ivermectin and a syringe and I inject a chicken drumstick or put some ivermectin on bread and cover with peanut butter which they seem to like. Sarcoptic mange can spread through families of foxes and spread to others and eradicate entire local populations. I saw a couple foxes last summer who would not come for treats and they looked horrible and probably died. The five or six who came around regularly and got dosed often enough survived. The dose for a fox is .3 or .4 milliliters which has to be administered every three days for 3-4 weeks and then every five days for two weeks. There is an easier one dose medicine called Bravecto but one needs a prescription and I did go to three veterinarians who refused to give me the prescription to use on the foxes. Bravecto is also pretty expensive compared to ivermectin.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, on the advice of a wildlife preservation group I went to Tractor Supply and purchased the ivermectin and a syringe and I inject a chicken drumstick or put some ivermectin on bread and cover with peanut butter which they seem to like. Sarcoptic mange can spread through families of foxes and spread to others and eradicate entire local populations. I saw a couple foxes last summer who would not come for treats and they looked horrible and probably died. The five or six who came around regularly and got dosed often enough survived. The dose for a fox is .3 or .4 milliliters which has to be administered every three days for 3-4 weeks and then every five days for two weeks. There is an easier one dose medicine called Bravecto but one needs a prescription and I did go to three veterinarians who refused to give me the prescription to use on the foxes. Bravecto is also pretty expensive compared to ivermectin.
GREAT IDEAS and thanks again for SHARING :)

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2011017
Very nice picture of the fox resting and thanks for sharing

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We use to give our German Shepherd Bravecto for a tick treatment.
Didn't know it worked for mange as well.
Expensive treatment $40

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread