Frame time

Up-North

Nov 13, 2020
s.e. Minnesota’s driftless area
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a frame for the heck of it?
Feel free to show one of yours guys DBF921A2-F0D7-4D65-80B9-AB1125426515.jpeg DBF921A2-F0D7-4D65-80B9-AB1125426515.jpeg

Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some eggstones. The top one was found by a local mechanic who waved me down as I drove by to ask what it was. He let me take it to the shop so I could take pictures, so I returned it in an extra frame that I had. He had found it on his farm. Being a local piece, it nagged at me for months knowing he didn't really care much about it, so I offered to make him a sign for his shop in trade.

I found the middle two a couple of days and about 10 feet apart on a site that has produced at least 15, including a cache of 5.

Daddy found the bottom one back in the '50s.

attachment.php

Attachments

• frameEGGS.jpg
    frameEGGS.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 93

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are nice. Wonder what their use was?

Your guess is as good as mine. I've heard several theories such as bola weights, club heads, fertility ritual objects, game pieces, etc. Just no telling...

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's left of a collection of my cousin and I. We found these and many others while we were growing up in the late 60's - early 70's. Most, which were the better ones, got gone over the years (which I won't go into now) but I was able to reacquire these few before they all walked off. East Central Alabama finds.

DSCN1561.JPG

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brokes, preforms, scrapers. Experiment arranging these in this home made frame. East Central Alabama finds.

DSCN1558.JPG

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Larger pieces I stuck on these home made frames w / a dab of silicone. Cores, Choppers, Preforms, Scrapers--another "re-run" from East Central Alabama - Lake Martin Area.

DSCN1733.JPG DSCN1732.JPG

DSCN1731.JPG DSCN1730.JPG

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a frame of flake tools, all worked although it doesn't show all that well in the picture. Also a shaped piece of bone at lower right.

attachment.php

Attachments

• flake frame.jpg
    flake frame.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 113

Huzzah!

Mar 16, 2019
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brokes, preforms, scrapers. Experiment arranging these in this home made frame. East Central Alabama finds.

View attachment 1936253

Tdog—I think you’ve just inspired me! Maybe that basket of brokes and untellables deserve to have a frame of their own! All artifacts deserve appreciation in my mind; if not, then they may as well be sitting in the basements of the Smithsonian!

kentucky Quinn

Jul 27, 2013
Eastern KY
I find more scrapers and flake knives than random flakes where I?m hunting. I?ve just added them in the big class container with all the flakes. Didn?t know what to do with them and thought not many others would appreciate seeing those kind of tools on display. You guys have me rethinking this now. Maybe I go back through the jar of flakes and put a display together of the various thumb scraper type tools. Thanks for the great show everyone

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tdog—I think you’ve just inspired me! Maybe that basket of brokes and untellables deserve to have a frame of their own! All artifacts deserve appreciation in my mind; if not, then they may as well be sitting in the basements of the Smithsonian!

I just clean 'em up good and try to come up with an artistic, balanced arrangement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread