What's new

Framing some modern and antique points to gether ?

russau

Gold Member
Joined
May 29, 2005
Messages
9,537
Reaction score
10,829
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Louis, missouri
I have several points that I made and now 3 N.A. points that were given to me from members of this site . The question is should I OR can I frame these togeter and be proper to do so ? Nothing is documented on the points as to their nature . I feel that I should scribe my home made points with a diamond marker or someway I.D. my points to indicate that these are NOT N.A. points . What is the opinion of everyone to do this correctly ?
 
I have lots of pictures of pictures of points that I have but I'm haveing a problem getting them onto my computor from my camara and phone. OR from my phone / camara onto a DVD for safe keeping ! I've tried several times to get them BUT at my age 79 it's not working for me ! :(
 
I have lots of pictures of pictures of points that I have but I'm haveing a problem getting them onto my computor from my camara and phone. OR from my phone / camara onto a DVD for safe keeping ! I've tried several times to get them BUT at my age 79 it's not working for me ! :(
What type of computer/camera and phone?

In today's world it can be as easy as a round peg in a square hole thing. (Providing the square is 1" and tge peg is smaller)😁
 
pepperj I have a Cannon MF654Cdw printer and a Dell Intel Core computor and I bought a cable to go from my phone and 1 for my camara to the harddrive and nothing I do helps !
 
Camera and phone make?
 
Ok we're slowly getting the information for the digital ID.
I probably can assume that AT&T has many different phones.
Which model would it be?
 
My phone is a AT&T cell phone and my camara is aolder Sony Cyber - Shot .

To upload photos from your older Sony camera to your Dell Intel Core computer, choose one of the three methods below.

Method 1: Use an SD Card Reader (Fastest)
Remove the memory card from your Sony camera.
Locate the SD card slot on your Dell computer.
Insert the card into the slot (use a USB adapter if your PC lacks a slot).
Open "File Explorer" (press the Windows Key + E).
Click "This PC" on the left menu.
Double-click your Sony memory card drive.
Open the folder named DCIM.
Copy and paste your photos into your PC's Pictures folder.

Method 2: Use a USB Cable
Turn on your Sony camera.
Press the camera's Menu button.
Set the "USB Connection" setting to Mass Storage or MTP.
Plug the USB cable into the camera.
Connect the other end to your Dell computer.
Open "File Explorer" on your computer.
Find your camera under "This PC".
Drag the photos from the DCIM folder to your desktop.

Method 3: Use the Windows Photos App (Automatic)
Connect your camera or memory card to the PC.
Open the Photos App from your Windows Start Menu.
Click the Import button in the top right corner.
Select "From a connected device".
Choose the photos you want to transfer.
Click Import to save them automatically to your Pictures folder.
To help narrow down the best steps, could you tell me:
What is the exact model of your Sony camera?
Does your Dell computer have a built-in SD card slot?
Do you have the original USB cable for the camera?






7 sites
Because you are using a Sony Cyber-shot, the most common obstacle is that Windows might not see the camera until you change an internal camera setting.

Sony UK
Follow these steps to connect your Cyber-shot to your Dell computer:

Step 1: Change the Camera Settings First
Older Cyber-shot cameras require a specific USB mode to talk to modern Windows computers.

Sony Canada
Turn your camera on.
Press the Menu button on the back of the camera.
Use the arrow keys to find the Setup icon (often looks like a wrench or toolbox).
Look for USB Connect Setting or USB Connection.
Change it from Auto to Mass Storage (or
Step 2: Plug in the USB Cable
Connect the small end of your cable into the Cyber-shot's multi-port or USB slot.
Connect the larger end directly into a USB port on your Dell computer (avoid using external USB splitters or hubs).
The camera screen should change to read "USB Mode: Mass Storage".


Step 3: Find and Move the Photos on Your Dell
Press the Windows Key + E at the same time on your keyboard to open File Explorer.
Click This PC on the left-hand sidebar.
Look under "Devices and drives" for a new drive labeled "Removable Disk", "Sony USB Drive", or your camera's exact model number. Double-click it.
Open the folder named DCIM.
Inside, you will see folders like 100MSDCF. Open those folders to see your images.
Select the photos you want, then drag and drop them into your PC's Pictures folder.


Troubleshooting Check: If your Dell computer still doesn't show the camera, your USB cable might be a "charging-only" cable rather than a "data" cable. If that happens, you can bypass cables entirely by taking the memory card out of the camera and inserting it into an SD card reader or your Dell's built-in SD card slot.
 
Thank you for your help! I'll give i the ole colledge try ! It looks like I need to go to the store and get me a SD Card Reader !
 
Last edited:
If it was me I would not frame together, they are yours and your right to mount them as you wish... :icon_thumright:
 
Well a broken right shoulder will slow me down quit a bit . Needing a complete shoulder replacement from this "trip" I had ! No fun at all ! Mid July I'm skeduled for my operation ! It looks like this Summer is a "bust" for me for sure !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom