What's new

Franklin Mint? I mean Mint Franklins

TxTim

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Local boxes are very sparse this month. My wife went to visit her Mom and bought a box from a bank in her small town. Someone must have cashed in a BU roll of 63's. She found 14 of them in the box along with 29 other keepers - Here's a picture of those beauties:
 

Attachments

  • au 63s.webp
    au 63s.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0
Shiny "Franks"; trust you said thanks ( to your wife that is ) ;)

Very nice !
 
Your wife has the magic touch Tim! You might want her to search more of your boxes. If I recall correctly, she had another great day when you were somewhere on a business trip.
 
Those are some beauties Tim. Nice. Tell G I said schweeeet and congrats! I told you the women have the touch didn't I....ha!
 
thurmownator said:
Shiny "Franks"; trust you said thanks ( to your wife that is ) ;)

Very nice !

Believe me, she gets thanks a lot for putting up with me, Thurmo!

oldred said:
Your wife has the magic touch Tim! You might want her to search more of your boxes. If I recall correctly, she had another great day when you were somewhere on a business trip.

lejeuene said:
Those are some beauties Tim. Nice. Tell G I said schweeeet and congrats! I told you the women have the touch didn't I....ha!

Y'all may be on to something about that magic touch - she does seem to find the best of the best!

Thanks everyone!
 
Several years ago I found a box with a half dozen 63 Franklins the same as yours. I noticed several times there have been posts of finding multiple nice Franklins, and they have all been the same year, 63. My guess is some folks put away rolls of these when they saw the design change to the Kennedys.
 
Some nice coins you found there! I have only found 4 that looked mint but I did luck out on getting some older ones instead of 63's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom