What's new

French Site: Almost Complete Shoe Buckle, Pieces, Button, & 2nd Bordeaux Seal

PBR

Full Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
229
Reaction score
386
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the French site AGAIN. Seems like it rains every Friday, so we decided to go back and try our luck. I ended up with a small, but larger than usual, almost complete shoe buckle, and a small frame and chape. Another small French coat button missing half the shank. My worse ever indian head penny that rang up as a 50 on the XP, in the nickel range. It is toast, but seems a bit thicker than the other ones i have. I think this might be my first fatty, too bad it is in very poor shape. And my second BORDEAUX lead seal with wire. This one is in a little better shape and appears to say Martigue on one side. Would love to know a little more about the Large buckle and lead seal. Thanks for looking Oh and i traded my buddy for that cool seal matrix. Im hoping for some suggestions on how to clean it up a bit. Still uncertain of the composition. It has some rust like crust on it. I tried stamping it on some yellow beeswax yest. Some details came out good, but i think it needs to be cleaned. If anyone would like to see some better pics, let me know, i will be taking some shortly. Thanks. I just added more pics of the Seal Matrix below. Scroll Down to 3rd post.
 

Attachments

  • P4030001.webp
    P4030001.webp
    321.6 KB · Views: 129
  • P4030002.webp
    P4030002.webp
    303.5 KB · Views: 122
  • P4030003.webp
    P4030003.webp
    239.1 KB · Views: 137
  • P4030004.webp
    P4030004.webp
    289.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 20
Nice pair of buckles!
 
Congratz on the fatty! Also, for obtaining the seal. That thing is awesome! I hope you learn more about it so that you can share the knowledge! HH
 
Awesome! That seal is in excellent condition!
I would see if it's possible to find out whose it was. Way cool!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom