What's new

Frequency comparison question.

Foot hill

Full Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2013
Messages
173
Reaction score
230
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've got a Compadre which runs at 12khz
I'd like to get an Outlaw @ 10.6 kHz

How will they be different if both using same 5.75" coil.
Is one frequency better suited for gold,small targets? And another for larger deeper items?
Thanks in advance guys!
 
With only a 1.4 kHz difference between freq. there won't be much of
a difference in sensitivity to gold or smaller objects, however if one
has better electronics/firmware than the other that could be a factor.
 
I've seen frequency questions brought up now and then. If a given frequency made a tremendous difference, you can bet that the manufacturers would all be touting and using it. With the exception of the very high frequencies preferred for prospecting, I don't believe most of us can tell any real difference in the field for general detecting. I use detectors that span from around 6hz to 14 hz and haven't seen any practical difference for general detecting. I've found silver and gold jewelry with all of them and they all seem to love iron and aluminum.
luvsdux
 
Thank you two for the well reasoned explanation.
 
The Tejon runs at 17.2 to 17.6 kHz which would make it much more effective in finding gold than my Outlaw.
Coin machines usually run around 10 kHz. My small coil that came with the Outlaw is great but gives up depth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom