What's new

Fresh from the dirt

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A customer found this and gave it to me. Nice gift measures 3 inches. Now what type is it? Found in N GA. Its made from a creek cobble (flint).
 

Attachments

  • SDC10227.webp
    SDC10227.webp
    365.2 KB · Views: 159
  • SDC10229.webp
    SDC10229.webp
    346.4 KB · Views: 153
Upvote 0
Well that was nice... Looks like it's related to Big slough or Boggy branch to me and almost finished.
 
I did see Boggy Branch type 2 that looked close to it. It has what looks like some tip damage on one side and a big stack in the middle. He had given me a big hide scraper from the same section of his property. Trying to type his site with the point.
 
Maybe you can get permission to hunt his property
 
Maybe you can get permission to hunt his property

He has told me where it is but its down some back roads. Not exactly sure and I don't want to end up on the wrong property. They shoot here.
 
In my lack of knowledge I was thinking that it was never completed, but after reading post it sounds like that how it is supposed to look. Either way its nice and a nice gift too.
 
In my lack of knowledge I was thinking that it was never completed, but after reading post it sounds like that how it is supposed to look. Either way its nice and a nice gift too.

I think it is as far as they could get with it due to a big stack rite in the center of it on 1 side. It has secondary on the blade sides and what looks to be a impact fracture on the tip. Probably used as a knife. Early Archaic
 
Hard to say on that one sir Rock. Looks like a softer type material though? Started a notch then.. oh well.:dontknow:
 
That's what I was thinking ...started a notch then get sick of looking at that giant stack.. tossed it and that's how it got the impact fracture
 
Still a nice study piece. I like to see the stages on their work when they made a point. More fun finding the end result though :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom