Friday Mornings Small Finds

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Friday Morning's Small Finds

I spent most of yesterday working in the yard and my wife went out of town today for the day so I decided I would spend the morning looking for artifacts. I went to a tract of land that is about 22 miles away. It has a lot of fields that have lots of artifacts in them. Even though we have only had .5 inches of rain in the last 3 weeks I hoped that I would find something. When I got there I discovered that they had put seed beds in the 2 fields that I had planned to look. So I drove another 10 miles to another field that I have looked to death. It was planted in cotton last year and had been harrowed in January. I was pleased to find these.

I think this is the smallest triangle I have ever found.

I'm not sure what this is but I like it.

Upvote 0
Not bad for a morning's hunt! :icon_thumleft: That sure is a cute little triangle!

Wow guess you got some rain. It poured here last night and they say its coming again. Nice pieces

Not bad for a morning's hunt! :icon_thumleft: That sure is a cute little triangle!

We did not get any rain. We are really dry. This field was harrowed in January so it has had a lot of rain on it since then. I, and a lot of others, have looked this field many times since then.

Nice finds. I really like the brown colored one is the second photo..

I think they are seed heads. You need to plant them so they can grow!:laughing7:

We did not get any rain. We are really dry. This field was harrowed in January so it has had a lot of rain on it since then. I, and a lot of others, have looked this field many times since then.

We may have had our share of snow this winter, but the Spring rains are essential. The top layer of soil is dry and cracked here, but hope you also get some rain soon.

You always have good success. Glad you have good fields and nice farmers. Pretty triangle! I think all my triangles are blue/grey rhyolite ad a few white quartz.

Great triangle, love the white color material the larger piece is made of too!

Steve

Size does not always matter:laughing7:, those are some great finds.:thumbsup:

Have you seen his other post? The points are huge! haha Good fun Americus. Looks to be a not as old culture maybe?

Now this is a change from your usual monster points! Good saves and nice little triangle ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back