Friday Tick Fest

dkw

Jul 8, 2006
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Deleon, Ace 250
I decided to hit a fallen in house near me yesterday. I didn't even know this house existed until recently. It's about 3/8 of mile from the nearest road and can't be seen. Most of the area around the house was inaccessible due to the brush and the remnants of the ice storm we had here in SW MO. That storm really put a hurt on hunting sites in the timber. I hunted the area in the foreground where it wasn't so brushy.
060107.JPG
I only found one coin.
060107 (2).JPG
Here are the other targets I dug. A spoon head, 5 bullets, a snap with a train on the front, a flattened and holed piece of lead, and a ?.
060107 (3).JPG
Any ideas on the ?. It says Goldman Beckman Co.
060107 (4).JPG

I have permission at this spot anytime I care to go. I probably won't hit it again until late fall or early winter. Between the brush and the ticks(I've found 10 so far that found their mark) I just can't see going back anytime soon.

Upvote 0

Wpg_Lwr

Apr 18, 2007
Your last item looks like a bracket to hang something on.

Kind of reminds me of a hammer bracket on a tool apron.

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
Watch the ticks!! I am on doxycycline right now thanks to one of the little monsters getting on me 2 weeks ago (and it was TINY). I got worried when a red ring about 4" in diameter appeared around the bite site. After the blood tests the Dr says I do NOT have Lyme, but if I get any flue like symptoms, come back for another blood test.

I want an IH!!!! Wheeties are as old as I have found so far!
HH Joe

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good day. Congrats.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great finds there. Love the IH, and fine pictures. Looks like a great future winter site to hunt. Damn ticks! ;D
Congrats,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread