What's new

fridays lone half

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
friday's lone half

Hey gang,

For the last two months I have been asking to buy half dollars when I go to my bank on fridays. Last coupla weeks has been dry, but this last friday they said they had ONE. To my surprise it was a 40%er. Has this ever happened to anyone of you guys?

Keep on keepin' on.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4032.webp
    100_4032.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0
Re: friday's lone half

Yes it happened to me twice, they only had one half and it was a 40 percenter. Sometimes if they half less then 5 bucks loose, you get lucky scoring a few 40 percenters.
 
Re: friday's lone half

Looks like a 1966 SMS

DW
 
Re: friday's lone half

DW, I think I know what SMS means (special mint set) but how can you tell this is one?
 
Re: friday's lone half

Yup, Happened to me last week. Stopped at a bank that I never get anything because someone else
uses it as a dump. Anyway, when I asked the teller for half dollars she replied that she had "a ton" of them, but doubted I wanted them because they are all from one customer who brings in "boxes" of them each week and she knows he looks through them. I said, "thanks" and turned to walk out. The teller next to her said, "I have one in my tray, do you want it"? I said, "sure" just to be nice. Well, guess what! It was a real nice 1964 Kennedy 90%er. So you never know. When I got in my car, I smiled and wondered if that other customer grunted and sweated through all those boxes and got skunked.
rileyboy
 
Re: friday's lone half

:icon_thumright: One time it was a 68, and a couple of days ago, a 64 a teller had been saving for me.
 
Re: friday's lone half

Since I can't get bags, boxes, or even rolled halves, I ask. Last time I asked, they had $19. It netted 2 40%ers. The first time I found a silver half was when I asked if they had any half dollars. They handed me a tiny bag with $4.50 in halves; I found 2 1964 Kens.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom