What's new

Friends Find.......

  • Thread starter Thread starter LJ
  • Start date Start date

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend's Find.......

Hey gang....I hope all of you are doing well and pulling some goodies. I have had my nose buried in books......back to school ya know, so I haven't had the opportunity to do any hunting. I miss the hunt but school is more important at the moment.

Anyway, I got a friend involved in CRH'ing a few months back and this is what my friend pulled from some customer rolls....not a Fed box. The mintage is extremely low on this commemorative. It is in great shape too. A very nice find indeed!!! It is a 1939-S.
 

Attachments

  • 000_0438.webp
    000_0438.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 491
  • 000_0441.webp
    000_0441.webp
    32 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0
Re: Friend's Find.......

What a great looking coin ! Never seen one like that. Looks expensive. Tell your friend congrats on a great find :thumbsup:
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

That's a beauty! I'm not familiar with it. What was the mintage??
- Grizz
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

Mints
The Oregon Trail Commemorative Half Dollar was minted in Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco. The 1933 issue marked the first striking of a US commemorative at the Denver Mint. The mint mark for the Denver (D) and San Francisco (S) issues appears on the reverse (back) to the right of the F in HALF. The Philadelphia issues do not have a mint mark.

There was a total of 203,102 coins minted. Philadelphia minted 72,999 coins, Denver minted 33,031, and San Francisco minted 97,092. All of the strikes tend to be good, with the exception of the 1926 Philadelphia issue which usually shows a noticeable lack of detail in the Indian's hand.

Date Mint Mark Mint Mintage
1926 None Philadelphia 47,955
1926 S San Francisco 83,055
1928 None Philadelphia 6,028
1933 D Denver 5,008
1934 D Denver 7,006
1936 None Philadelphia 10,006
1936 S San Francisco 5,006
1937 D Denver 12,008
1938 None Philadelphia 6,006
1938 D Denver 6,005
1938 S San Francisco 6,006
1939 None Philadelphia 3,004
1939 D Denver 3,004
1939 S San Francisco 3,005
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

sweet :icon_pirat:
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

That is a fab find! Check out the PCGS Site. That coin is worth around $400!! That's 4 rolls of Junk Silver!
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

Wow!!!
That is one pretty half!!!
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

Tell him I'll give him 4X face if he wants to sell.
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

I love that coin. I need one. Love it love it

Golden Silver
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

Wish it was me who found it. I am looking to buy for my type set album.
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

Great find! Those commemoratives have some really nice designs.
 
Re: Friend's Find.......

Great find !! I for one, miss those great LJ post. Am still interested in seeing a pic of that awesome pile. Stick with the important things first, we can wait.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom