What's new

Friends hunt finds from field the other day - tree coin

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hooked up with old hunt partner for my first field hunt of the fall on tues.
I got a few old coins but he ended the day with the winner - its beat - but identified
Ma. 1652 III pence silver
He got excited when he pulled it out and could see two of the II - thought he had a two pence
and could see some of the beading - you can see the WENGL around its right side - think its a pine tree
could be oak - too worn and beat to tell - but at least its a tree coin
DSC00100.webp compare lo87270.webp

other notable finds by him - the tiny rat tail baby spoon ...the brass spanners that may be 1600s or 1700s
arrow head which he eyeballed early in the hunt and musket balls - 2 being "indian" ones - (the barrel shaped ones)
a few period buttons
DSC00083.webp DSC00092.webp
DSC00095.webp
 
Upvote 38
WOW - NO COMMENTS
 
Too awesome for words. But I would like to know how deep it was.
 
farm field find - so depth doesn't come into play really
but it was around 4-5 ins I think he said - barely went off cause it was folded
but we go for the small stuff because of 1/2 dimes and 1/2 reales found over the yrs here
ive gotten a sil. 3 center here too yrs ago - think a lot of guys fly thru here and miss a lot of the small stuff
they are going for the big coins and relics
if you look at my last 3 posts from fields - we get a lot of tiny buttons that read really low too
folded 1/2 dime I got the other day barely went off
 
Holy moly!!
That is killer..
Definitely a tree coin. Fantastic.
I would be doing back flips, and crying at the same time, saying that dame plow!!! Lol
Tell your friend big congrats..
George
 
Wow, amazing! I would suggest finding a professional that can flatten it out. Those guys across the pond know people that can unbend folded coins!
 
Wow, amazing! I would suggest finding a professional that can flatten it out. Those guys across the pond know people that can unbend folded coins!
he unbent it as is and said it looks like its at the point of breaking - he put in a small ryker so he can show without someone
finishing it off - if it increased the value greatly - he prob would
but it is what it is
 
Excellent finds as usual .I would love to find that type of stuff in ILL.
 
he unbent it as is and said it looks like its at the point of breaking - he put in a small ryker so he can show without someone
finishing it off - if it increased the value greatly - he prob would
but it is what it is

Gotcha.,I guess we all dream about what we would do with a tree coin if it were ours. Again, stunning and congrats to your pal
 
Congrats man! Obvious Banner find! I'll work on getting an ID for you. And welcome to the Mass Silver Club!
 
More pictures? It will help with the ID
 
It's a NOE 25, Oak Tree Three Pence, Rarity 6. Fantastic Find!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
There are fewer than 30 known examples of this coin. Even in its condition, it's worth well north of $1000, and could be MUCH higher.
 
Man, I got so excited seeing the find I didn't thoroughly read the post. It's not eligible for banner because it wasn't a members find. Still very cool.
 
Man, I got so excited seeing the find I didn't thoroughly read the post. It's not eligible for banner because it wasn't a members find. Still very cool.
think he is a member - he just does not post - I do posts for him if im with him and he finds something good
we don't get out together much as we used to - cause I hunt water 95% of the time these days
 
Casper,

Regardless of condition that's one heck of a find.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Wow. Thats what I'm talking about! Now that IS RARE. Congrats to your friend.
 
Once and a lifetime for most right there!! certainly on my bucket list...Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom