What's new

From a scale?

kyphote

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
585
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a small, intricate piece of brass that looks like it could be from an old scale? This was found on the same Civil War/Colonial site I've been searching that sits in a very rural (untainted) area. Thanks all!
 

Attachments

  • tnIDjan24x.webp
    tnIDjan24x.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
Looks like the pulley for a sash window!
 
Upvote 0
nowheels7 said:
Looks like the pulley for a sash window!

bingo, good ID :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
never seen one that small
 
Upvote 0
Oh the SA remarks that some to mind. ;D

Went to a new doctor the other day . . . . . .

Met a girl in a bar . . . . .

Had a bad day in gym class today . . . . .

On and on and on :laughing7:

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Oh the SA remarks that some to mind. ;D

Went to a new doctor the other day . . . . . .

Met a girl in a bar . . . . .

Had a bad day in gym class today . . . . .

On and on and on :laughing7:

Daryl

Darn ... not quite sure how one goes from Sash Pulley to Shaft but either way, neither one would function properly if it were that small.
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
You start here:

"never seen one that small"

Daryl :laughing7:



Story of my life :-[ :D
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • window Double-hung-.webp
    window Double-hung-.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0
Good info. The Virginia farm I'm searching has been in the family more than 100 years with no known dwelling on the site during that time. The last known occupants we've confirmed were Confederate soldiers and before them, French Huguenots (17th century settlement). Perhaps it's a pulley from America's first French blind. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
kyphote said:
Good info. The Virginia farm I'm searching has been in the family more than 100 years with no known dwelling on the site during that time. The last known occupants we've confirmed were Confederate soldiers and before them, French Huguenots (17th century settlement). Perhaps it's a pulley from America's first French blind. :icon_thumleft:

Don't ever try & work out how things got where they did :D It will drive you crazy. I know we all love doing it, but I know from experience many things will never be explained or fit into the context of the site 8)
 
Upvote 0
I think its a window balance pulley, but without an exact match, myself, I cannot say for sure but I noticed the green check. The modern ones are steel and aluminum with a little plastic pulley.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom