What's new

From nothng to the AT PRO........

dale3fan28

Full Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2013
Messages
202
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
:headbang::hello2: Sooooo I'm searching near the water edge and my wife comes over talk to me, this is when the light bulb goes off and my manly smartness tries to outwit the wife.....notice I say TRIES...anyway I rinse out my plastic scoop to find another pull tab, I enter the water about ankle deep and once again as usual my ACE 250 goes crazy from the saltwater....Wife says wow sounds like ya found something good.....light bulb goes off again......with those sad puppy dog eyes nd a pouting lip I say "nahhhh it's just false signals, I really need a water machine to get the stuff in the water, ths one is good for on land only"....Wife says "I think I have been set up, but you work hard for everything....go get what you want"..........wow, I love that woman!!:hello2:

Todays finds: No rings, about 0.20 in clad and a zipper and a key....what's up with people's pants...last week it was a button,lol
 
Upvote 0
:headbang::hello2: Sooooo I'm searching near the water edge and my wife comes over talk to me, this is when the light bulb goes off and my manly smartness tries to outwit the wife.....notice I say TRIES...anyway I rinse out my plastic scoop to find another pull tab, I enter the water about ankle deep and once again as usual my ACE 250 goes crazy from the saltwater....Wife says wow sounds like ya found something good.....light bulb goes off again......with those sad puppy dog eyes nd a pouting lip I say "nahhhh it's just false signals, I really need a water machine to get the stuff in the water, ths one is good for on land only"....Wife says "I think I have been set up, but you work hard for everything....go get what you want"..........wow, I love that woman!!:hello2:

Todays finds: No rings, about 0.20 in clad and a zipper and a key....what's up with people's pants...last week it was a button,lol

I borrowed my hunting partner's ATPro and had a blast with it. I told my wife about how it was different from my 350 and she said go get one. I about fell over. I love my woman too.
 
it takes a lot of getting used to in saltwater also their are some tricks to it to calm it down in saltwater, so if your huntin just fresh they say its awesome, but your gonna come across some of the same problems your havin with your 250. look at some of the older post on here on the tricks to calm down the at pro and you may be able to apply that to your 250 if your not going to have to submerge it and maybe able to keep using it. I own one and thinking on sellin it, with my bad knees & back I cant really land hunt and when I used it in parks I could find good targets surrounded by trash in pro mode, would blow me away on how good it was at that. I don't hunt in fresh water, if your thinkin about a used one let me know I took the pics of it to throw on ebay a month ago but still conflicted on sellin it cause I do like it but rarely use it, the warranty has either ended or is about to on it, something to think about if your gonna do saltwater you will have to get used to it falsing in the salt as well and for a little more money may wanna look at saltwater machine
 
Sounds like a great Woman
My wife told me the same
I said I need a buddy so I got two one for me and my son..
Now go find something great !
 
If you got a Whites surf pro (used) you would be really happy.
Don't tell anyone but it is the best for the beach
 
:headbang::hello2: Sooooo I'm searching near the water edge and my wife comes over talk to me, this is when the light bulb goes off and my manly smartness tries to outwit the wife.....notice I say TRIES...anyway I rinse out my plastic scoop to find another pull tab, I enter the water about ankle deep and once again as usual my ACE 250 goes crazy from the saltwater....Wife says wow sounds like ya found something good.....light bulb goes off again......with those sad puppy dog eyes nd a pouting lip I say "nahhhh it's just false signals, I really need a water machine to get the stuff in the water, ths one is good for on land only"....Wife says "I think I have been set up, but you work hard for everything....go get what you want"..........wow, I love that woman!!:hello2:

Todays finds: No rings, about 0.20 in clad and a zipper and a key....what's up with people's pants...last week it was a button,lol
If you are going to hunt salt water don't buy an AT PRO they false to much in the salt water. you can buy a Garrett sea hunter mk 2 for about $650
 
I used my AT Pro when i went to visit family in South florida....I was hunting the Gulf and never had any real probelms...I wasnt hunting the shoreline, i was out about 20 feet from the shore ( Which was still only 2 feet deep) . So from my experiance..i never had any real issues with false signals
 
I thought the AT PRO had ground balance you could set while in the water and set different while in wet sand in pro mode?
 
How good are they on land?

I personally love it...At first, i was having issues with the fact it reads steel bottle caps, but im slowly learning the differnce in the sounds. But I can tell, it goes Deep, i have found coins 8+ inches...and its a gold magnet. Im sure others will say different, But me coming from an ACE 250 to the ATP, I see a huge difference.....PLus..how awesome is it detecting the rain with no worries...lol
 
The at pro is great on land and fresh water, but 8 inches isn't very deep when in fresh water the AT PRO can find coin at 18 + inches o by the way I own an AT PRO and It is for sale for $400
 
They work great on land sold my ace 350. Because the atpro was so good on land did not need it anymore. When I bought the excal I kept the at for land hunting. Hope this helps. As Ron said I have found lead sinkers at the beach at 18+ inches in the wet sand.
 
Its not the best saltwater machine, but here in Florida it works good in the saltwater and wet sand, not great but good. For all around use, I think its the best detector made. Not too many detectors that work good on land, freshwater and saltwater. The AT pro will work anywhere you want to hunt.
 
Works nicely here in NJ too but if I have money I will upgrade to the CTX 3030
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom