Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2013
Margarita Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305

Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone! I am new to this site and to the MD world.
I´m from Venezuela and I´ve being thinking about doing Metal Detecting since last year, it took me to investigate about brands and types of metal detectors. First I was going to buy a Garrett ACE 350 but I decided to travel to Florida State and visit Kellyco so I could tell them my inquires. First when I arrived to Kellyco the first question a salesman asked me was what type of soil are you going to search? I said mostly sand on the beaches because i live on an Island and time to time hard soil. Then he asked me if I had a specific machine in mind? I answered yes, a Garrett ACE 350. He said NO, I wouldn´t go with the 350 because the beaches sand mineralization and he keep giving me a high class of real MD experience, those guys really know about metal detecting, that´s for sure! Finally I decided to buy the Minelab X-Terra 305 because my budget and characteristics of what i pretend to do with it. The best of all was that with the 305 they gave me a whole bunch of gifts including the Pro Find 25 Pinpointer.
I haven´t use the equipment yet but i´m very excited about doing my first hunt. I´ll keep posting my experiences.
Good bye for now
cheers:headbang:

Last edited:
Welcome from Louisiana, good luck with that new equipment!

Welcome from Sarajevo, sounds like you live in a great place, looking forwards to seeing what you find there!

pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Other Countries for information related to Venezuela.

welcome javier. any dectector is better than none. I had a Relco i built when i was a kid. It loved iron, horseshoes, nails etc. It hated gold....at least i never found any with it.

The salesman is right. The 350 do beep to sand or salt water. Anyway welcome to TH:hello2:

Welcome, and let us know what you find!

Thank you all

Thanks everybody for welcome me to this interesting world. It´s amazing seen people from all around the world, I think this is gona be fun sharing with all of you every hunt and experiences.
I´ll try to hunt for jewelry mostly because coins in my country doesn´t have a real value unless i find very old ones.
Once again thank you all and lets share all the adventures.

Cheers :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back