What's new

Frosty Creek in Carlin

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is Maggie Creek just east of Carlin, Nevada close to where it meets the Humboldt river early this morning just after the cold morning fog has cleared.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20171213_113114.webp
    IMG_20171213_113114.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 93
You doing business with Newmont Mine? They still digging gold there?
 
You doing business with Newmont Mine? They still digging gold there?
We are. They just keep on going at Newmont. They just started a new operation east of Wells now called the Long Canyon mine. This creek here runs right up into the heart of Carlin Trend which is the mineral belt to where all the mines are. There's a big ranch up this creek known as the Maggie Creek ranch also. You should look into making it to Elko poet days here at the first of 2018 there Bosn? If ya do pack some warm clothing. My first night here the heater in the motel I was in didn't keep up all the well and I told em I want another room. Don't know why, but cold weather in northern Nevada, just seems colder than cold at home.
 
Last edited:
Pretty photo! That water sure looks cold but I would still gold pan it!
 
Beautiful shot, Tamrock! Nice colors! Does that creek hold trout? Or too hot in the summer?
 
Looks extra cold.
Beautiful photo.
 
I'd love to go to Elko for the cowboy poetry, but --- alas --- my age and health will not let me do it now. Locally we have a cowboy poet gathering, but it doesn't hold a candle to Elko. It's fun though.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom