Ft. Lauderdale Beach Yields Gold & Silver!!!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Yields Gold & Silver!!!

Wen't to bed last night thinking I'm going to sleep in since the water was so rough and dirty with sea weed yesterday at South Beach. Woke up at 6am and looked out my window and noticed the wind had stopped. Low tide was at 845am so I figured I'd drive to Lauderdale beach and give it a try since I hadn't been there in so long.

As I got to the beach I noticed that the wind was slightly off shore, which would make it flat. Then I'm getting pissed off thinking I shoulda went to SoBe again. I put some quarters in the meter and went in the water. The water was warm, crystal clear and flat!

Hunted for about 2hrs and was just finding some clad and junk jewelry. Looked at my watch and saw that my time was out and didn't want a parking ticket. I decided since it was such a beautiful morning that I would spend another 1 1/2hrs. Took off my t-shirt since it was so hot and figured I'd get some sun.

Walked back into the water, put my headphones on and turned on the trusty Excalibur. Took about 3 steps and get that nice tone I like to hear. On the first scoop I pulled out this nice 14k diamond ring! I figured I'd hunt that spot hard and about 10 min later pulled out a mens .925 silver ring. Took the ring in and had it diamond tested and they were real! Needless to say the ride home was great!!!

Thanks for looking!

HH 8) surfrat

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 648
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 648
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 641
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: Ft. Lauderdale Beach Yields Gold & Silver!!!

Awesome finds surfrat!! Congrats!
Wow, that gold and diamond ring especially
is a great keeper. The stuff we all dream about.
I hope you have continued sucess.
Thanks for posting the great pics!

Smiles!
BDoo

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's a sweet ring surfrat! Did they say how much it may be worth, or how many carats it is? I found a gold band today, but nothing like that diamond encrusted beauty.

HH!
TBGO

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

SR,

congrat on the gold and silver
and
and
and
DIAMONDS :o

Very nice.

Thinking of doing some beach hunting for
myself, it would be a first time thing; out here
along Lake Michigan.

have a good un..............

neilo

Aug 23, 2005

Hi Surf looks like you are learning to use the detector just fine,That ring is a good one well done. keep it up seeya Neilo

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

That ring is fantastic! Unbelievable. That will pay for any parking ticket for sure! WTG :)

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

That ring is awesomely beautiful Surfrat!! WTG!! BTW, I finally got a new pinpointer off ebay. Any bets on how long it will take for me to lose this one??? LOL

vicki

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

GaBeaSwpr said:
SOME BEACH Surfrat! WTG, I trust those are real diamonds eh? Keep up da good work.

That's a sweet ring surfrat! Did they say how much it may be worth, or how many carats it is? I found a gold band today, but nothing like that diamond encrusted beauty.

HH!
TBGO

There are 2 rows of 8 diamonds 5 points apiece. .80 carat total. Looped them and all have good color and clean. Couldn't see any carbon!

Thanks all for looking!

HH 8) surfrat

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

vic910 said:
That ring is awesomely beautiful Surfrat!! WTG!! BTW, I finally got a new pinpointer off ebay. Any bets on how long it will take for me to lose this one??? LOL

vicki

Thanks Vicki! Funny about the pinpointer. I should have gave you mine, but by the time I heard you had lost another, I traded it in with my Quattro for the Excalibur!!

I'm sure your hubby will make sure you don't lose this one! LOL!! ;)

HH 8) surfrat

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

Thanks for the thought Surfrat. I think I'm going to have to put some kind of tether on it like they do for surfboards, that way if I drop it it'll just drag along behind me. LOL!

vicki

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

vic910 said:
Thanks for the thought Surfrat. I think I'm going to have to put some kind of tether on it like they do for surfboards, that way if I drop it it'll just drag along behind me. LOL!

vicki

I know what you're talking about. I have a lease on my surfboard! ;) Just gotta be careful it doesn't hit you when you wipe out and it comes flying back!! ;D

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread