What's new

Fugio. Farthing(?), Silver Plated Buckle and more

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
1,060
Reaction score
1,246
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All finally a nice cool day for a hike so me and Max headed out early as I knew we had a decent hike in to our site. A nice remote site off the beaten track and very old to boot. Not much in the area to scream home site but in an area I have been wanting to give a try. Given the amount of downed limbs and trees not easy to get my coil down. So I put down the detector and did some clearing. Max sat and watched me no doubt wondering if his owner was crazy or going too drop. The effort was worth it and the finds were varied and excellent with several firsts for me. I did not realize I had a Fugio till I got home and cleaned it up. I think the other copper is some sort of Farthing. They are both toasty but I love them anyway. Any help on the Farthing as far as ID and date range would be appreciated. The pair of matched cuff links were not found together so that was a stroke of luck. And the six sided flat button is something I've not dug before. The buckle frame I nicked and it revealed the silver plating... it rang up real weird and under a tree root and I saw that it was plated over iron hence the funky signal. Enjoy and Take care.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1113.webp
    IMG_1113.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1118.webp
    IMG_1118.webp
    61.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1125.webp
    IMG_1125.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 124
  • FullSizeRender (3).webp
    FullSizeRender (3).webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_1133.webp
    IMG_1133.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 122
  • FullSizeRender (4).webp
    FullSizeRender (4).webp
    80.7 KB · Views: 147
  • FullSizeRender (5).webp
    FullSizeRender (5).webp
    80.7 KB · Views: 138
  • FullSizeRender (6).webp
    FullSizeRender (6).webp
    47.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1137.webp
    IMG_1137.webp
    26 KB · Views: 136
  • FullSizeRender (7).webp
    FullSizeRender (7).webp
    50.4 KB · Views: 138
  • FullSizeRender (8).webp
    FullSizeRender (8).webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1120.webp
    IMG_1120.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 36
Great hunt! Congrats on the Fugio those are a sweet find.
 
Nice old site. Your dog is almost a splitting image of one of my two dogs! [emoji106]
 
Congratualtions on the nice old copper recoveries! :occasion14:
 
Hi; I do not believe tht 6 sided piece is a Button. I believe it is a coin on which the Owner may have placed a shank. Hence I believe it is a Coin Button. Sweet Find. Clean them up & let us know ok. Remember: Always take pictures of BOTH sides of every object you dig ok. That will help Us to help you. PEACE:RONB
 
Nice old site. Your dog is almost a splitting image of one of my two dogs! [emoji106]

All the doodle breeds resemble one another ..great dogs.
 
Hi; I do not believe tht 6 sided piece is a Button. I believe it is a coin on which the Owner may have placed a shank. Hence I believe it is a Coin Button. Sweet Find. Clean them up & let us know ok. Remember: Always take pictures of BOTH sides of every object you dig ok. That will help Us to help you. PEACE:RONB

Thanks . Yeah should have posted pic of back but I didn't want to go more picture heavy than I did. The six sided piece is definitely a button though as the base of the shank is clearly visible on the other side the close up shows the central design and it is very thin ( like most colonial dandies). But I sure wish it was a customized coin. Take care
 
STELLAR hunt there pipe!!!!! I luv clearing a new area, the finds feel more special for some reason... CONGRATS...
 
MAJOR HAUL____________the top left and bottom right items appear to be from the same buckle. a brass pin was used to hold fork piece in place. PM crusader---he will likely have ID on the farthing. you neglected to tell us what VDI the doggie hit at or how deep he was :---)
 
The eight sided object is definitely a button. No doubt about it. The octagonal ones don't come up too often. That's a nice find. You had a great day! Congrats!
 
MAJOR HAUL____________the top left and bottom right items appear to be from the same buckle. a brass pin was used to hold fork piece in place. PM crusader---he will likely have ID on the farthing. you neglected to tell us what VDI the doggie hit at or how deep he was :---)

Thanks and good call on the buckle parts I didn't notice that . Maxie rings up a solid 82.... all directions .
 
Killer iron buckle Gaspipe. It looks very solid, with minimal oxidation and would turn out amazing after electrolysis. A Fugio is way up there on my list too. Great hunt man.
 
Wow, what a great post! I've never seen a Fugio before--wicked cool! Congrats. -Lisa & John
 
Wow that's a great bunch of finds congrats
 
Nice hunt. Love the octagonal dandy. You see that shape in cufflinks a lot, but not very often in buttons.

A Fugio is on my bucket list and will probably remain there :laughing7:
 
Cool temperature, nice hike, out with man's best friend, and some nice oldies to boot!! It doesn't get much better than that :thumbsup: Congrats on a fun day with some great finds! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom