Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spotted what looked like an old mine operation on Goog/satellite and made the drive yesterday to investigate. The site was much bigger than I had thought, with many foundations of buildings, stamp mill, water tanks, etc.
From what I could tell the site looked like it was in operation from the turn of the century until WW2, probably as a result of Order L-208, which was issued 81 years ago today!
I started hunting around an old foundation on the edge of the compound and there were so many targets to dig I never made it into the main area. I will definitely be heading back soon. I know there's at least some silver waiting for me there.
The wheats are 1929 and 1944-s, and the buff is 1935.
People have been here shooting up the place and camping for a long time, so there's a plethora of modern trash to muddle things up.
6Dec2023 #1.jpeg
6Dec2023 #2.jpeg
6Dec2023 #3.jpeg
6Dec2023 #7.jpeg
6Dec2023 #8.jpeg

Upvote 14
That Buffalo is fantastic. The few I’ve dug look awful. That is some kind dirt you are on. Congrats!

I spotted what looked like an old mine operation on Goog/satellite and made the drive yesterday to investigate. The site was much bigger than I had thought, with many foundations of buildings, stamp mill, water tanks, etc.
From what I could tell the site looked like it was in operation from the turn of the century until WW2, probably as a result of Order L-208, which was issued 81 years ago today!
I started hunting around an old foundation on the edge of the compound and there were so many targets to dig I never made it into the main area. I will definitely be heading back soon. I know there's at least some silver waiting for me there.
The wheats are 1929 and 1944-s, and the buff is 1935.
People have been here shooting up the place and camping for a long time, so there's a plethora of modern trash to muddle things up.
View attachment 2119099View attachment 2119100View attachment 2119102View attachment 2119103View attachment 2119104
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back