kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun descriptions of the more interesting banks I've walked into

Here's something for fun....

I've walked into a lot of banks lately, as I'm sure you all have.

These describe some of the actual banks I've visited over the months. After you've read this, can you add some of your own descriptions of banks you've been to?

The Cathedral. Cavernous and gorgeous, with huge ceilings. Every footstep echoes, your voice sounds throughout the hall. There isn't an alter, but at least there is a row of tellers.

The Crypt. An ancient and dark place; Looks like somebody died there.

Better Homes and Gardens. The architecture is so contemporary and stylish that you don't dare drop a coin since that would mar the polished floor. You wish you had worn a proper suit for CRHing.

Prisoner's Visiting Hours - The tellers are imprisoned behind plexiglass cages. Or are you the prisoner? You look around for a phone to pick up so you can talk to your teller.

The Boiler Room. A grid of half-height cubicles awaits you as you walk in, with bankers in discussions and talking on the phone. Hard to find the tellers hidden against the far wall.

2001: A Space Odyssey. You have to shield your eyes as you walk in. Everything is gleaming white: the floor, walls, ceiling, the tellers' stations. It looks like it's out of a science fiction movie.

The Oracle: Walking inside, you must climb an imposing set of steps before you reach the level where you are fit to speak to the tellers.

The Customer Service Counter: In a supermarket, you can't tell the difference between the bank and the place where you go when you need to return the defective cheerios.

The Hard Sell: Looks like an average bank, but once inside you are subjected to the SALES PITCH for getting an account there and you can't escape!

Your Buddy's office: No teller stations here, just a couple of desks where you sit in a comfortable chair at the desk of a teller/banker to do your transaction.

The Movie Theatre. (Usually a Chase branch where I live.) They have 3 gigantic video displays side-by-side with jaw-dropping graphics enticing you to take out a home loan or something. If they had some popcorn and something slightly more entertaining, you could stay a while!

Wal-Mart. Before your body has even cleared the doorway, you are greeted by a cheerful staffer ready to help answer any questions you may have. They get disappointed when you tell them you are going over to the tellers.

Is it open? No cars in the parking lot. You walk inside and nobody is in site. Ah, there's a teller!

The Party. You walk in and there are cookies and punch for you and the kids. Tellers and customers are chatting and smiling. A teller is cooing at the newborn baby twins that the customer in front of you is debuting. You can't help but get chatty with the tellers before you get to business.

The refrigerator: Air conditioning is blasting! Nice to enter after biking around from bank to bank on a hot day. You don't mind waiting in line for a while since you're actually cooling down.

The Maze: You turn to leave from the teller's window and you can't find your way out! Which door did I come in? All those glass 45 degree angle walls/windows are disorienting me!

The Ice Cream Shop: OK, I went there a long time ago before I started CRHing, but the Herrell's Ice Cream shop near Boston was actually in an old bank. You could sit and eat your sundae in the vault! No tellers or halves, but MMMM delicious!

The Dream Bank: OK, this hasn't happened to me YET, but I'm listing this here for positive visualization. You (in other words, I) enter an otherwise nondescript bank, and immediately feel a tingling of the skin. You start asking the attractive teller for halves and big dollars. While you are in the middle of saying the word "half" her (or his, as appropriate) eyes light up and starts nodding. (Actually that part has happened.) Your teller explains that they have a a couple of hundred rolls of half dollars and old big dollars that somebody brought in back before the Viet Nam War that have been driving them crazy -- for decades. Fortunately, you have a lot of cash with you so you are happy to take them off of their hands. Of course they are ALL 90% silver keepers!

Have I missed any types of banks? Add your own below!

Upvote 0

coinz

Mar 14, 2011
Re: Fun descriptions of the more interesting banks I've walked into

I was in line at a bank, saw a guy bend over the counter and kiss the teller, it was her husband, one of the other tellers said to me we are a friendly bank, and I said great because I am next in line. Her husband did give me a glare as he walked by me.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

America's most convenient bank: you walk in with all friendly tellers, there's a free coin counting machine to the left. You dump coins, the coin bag fills. While waiting, the tellers allow you to keep the foreign coins off the magnet of the coin machine which consists of many Canadian coins. While waiting, the tellers are nice. Everything is done, you get your ticket voucher, and get in line. Get to the tellers who all know you by name, and they ask, "So, what kind of coins do you want today?"

Can a bank get any better?(well, they can, but they don't order half dollars, just brinks pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters.)

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

RETRO BANK.........you walk in and swear you stepped back to 1976 and you think John Travota and the Bee Gees are going to step out from around the corner, singing and dancing to Staying Alive

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread