Jun 14, 2023
NW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Minelab Vanquish 440
Nokta/Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a couple hours on what I'm starting to think is my own field of dreams. Had another very fun hunt! The large cent is very smooth on the obverse so nothing to see there. I think its probably a matron based on what most of my other finds have been from this site. Some old spoon parts and two of the pieces seem like they come from the same spoon even though they were feet apart. The clock winding key is a first for me. A couple musket balls. And then the buttons. The gold gilt one is cool I think.
What really got me going was that convex one piece button with the cool design. I can't find anything like it online. Which introduces my question. Does anyone have a thought on the design? Looks like fancy civilian to me but I don't really know my buttons. Any ideas?
Anyway I had a really fun couple hours!

Attachments

• IMG_4388.jpg
    IMG_4388.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4385.jpg
    IMG_4385.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4389.jpg
    IMG_4389.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
Upvote 13
Got out for a couple hours on what I'm starting to think is my own field of dreams. Had another very fun hunt! The large cent is very smooth on the obverse so nothing to see there. I think its probably a matron based on what most of my other finds have been from this site. Some old spoon parts and two of the pieces seem like they come from the same spoon even though they were feet apart. The clock winding key is a first for me. A couple musket balls. And then the buttons. The gold gilt one is cool I think.
What really got me going was that convex one piece button with the cool design. I can't find anything like it online. Which introduces my question. Does anyone have a thought on the design? Looks like fancy civilian to me but I don't really know my buttons. Any ideas?
Cool finds! Very cool button!!

Nice hunt that you had, well done on the key and the LC.
Getting 5 out 6 buttons with the shanks still is a great average.
The star button is interesting

Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back