What's new

Fun With Silver !!

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Gang, I am always impressed when I see all the silver piled up on kitchen tables. I was bored today so I pulled out a few rolls of 40%ers and made a small display. I tried to count them but I am definitely not smarter than a 5th grader. There are 165 rolls of halves, another 990 in the poker case and about 600 in the clear trays. They won't all fit in a safety deposit box so I guess I will bury them. HH and Cheers, Jim
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5539.webp
    IMG_5539.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_5542.webp
    IMG_5542.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 612
Upvote 0
nyiangelo said:
i think either way is a lose lose. because for those that have way more than their insurance covers and then on top of that you
have to pay a deductible when someone else steals it and cashes it in for all you to find.you cant win. ive even heard regarding sdb's that in areas like new orleans or along the coast line during hurricane season some people couldnt get to their banks for 6 weeks due to flooding. think of the people in the midwest right now. banks underwater so is all their collections. they need it they cant have it. chances are low that either will happen but i guess we'll find out.

Other than SDB or home storage, there really are no other options worth considering in my opinion. I would never buy precious metals from one of those "certificate" programs. How do you really know they are holding silver or gold allocated specifically to you? If there ever really is a severe shortage of silver, etc., good luck trying to get it.

I guess a person could bury their stash on their property somewhere.

No matter matter what option you pick, I still think the best is one where you hold it yourself. If that is not feasible, then SDB at a close by bank that has been in business for a long time is the best second choice.

Jim
 
LJ said:
coinmojo said:
I'm not sure but there is a deductable involved with homeowners insurace $500-1000. Cost of safety deposit box. well you should know. Some banks waive the first 6 months with new accounts.

Mojo

Hmmmm.......you have me thinking Mojo. If your right (not saying your not) about banks waiving the first 6 months with new accounts, maybe one could open an account and utilize this free 6 month service and when it is about to expire.....go to the next one for another bank for six months and on and on.......ha!

I have asked two banks (main branches) about renting a small area inside their room where the safe is to keep a personal safe. Both branch managers told me they would check on this because they have never had such an inquiry before.......both answers came back negative. Oh well....ya never know until you try huh. My thought was maybe it would be cheaper than the annual cost of the SDB's.

Hey Papa.....still love the pictures........excellent.....thanks again for posting!!! It's motivation.................

That is too Funny LJ.....

"I have asked two banks (main branches) about renting a small area inside their room where the safe is to keep a personal safe."

I could just imagine the looks on their faces when they realized you were serious. LOL

Mojo
 
Leave it to Vegas to come up with an alternative.

http://www.24-7privatevaults.com

Those of you with some capital to work with might want to look into a venture like this in your city.
 
Immy said:
Leave it to Vegas to come up with an alternative.

http://www.24-7privatevaults.com

Those of you with some capital to work with might want to look into a venture like this in your city.


I don't know about this company described above, but in Britain last month a private vault company was raided and the police planned on opening all vaults inside. Depositors basically had to come in to claim their stuff and prove its legit.

From the articles it seemed that criminals there favored the private vaults for obvious reasons. But the vaults failed to stop the gov from "breaking in".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...t-in-raid-on-safety-deposit-boxes-840513.html


Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom