Funky Junky Relics

ceejay64

Apr 16, 2006
New Hampshire, USA
Detector(s) used
BH Pioneer 505
Hey all,
Got to go over to a friend's place today and have a look about. They live in the 3rd oldest house in the town next to mine. I think it dates from the 1700s. Was hoping for some cool coinage, but didn't find any yet. Did hit some unusual items, though. Despite tweaking out iron a little bit, many of the stuff we dug turned out to be of that caliber, but gave some wild signals. Here's the take:
22apr06finds.jpg

I think the most interesting was the lockface. At first, I thought it was part of a shoe heel. After cleaning some of the dirt off, I thought it belonged to a padlock of some kind, but I'm rethinking that. Could this have mounted on a door? Has anyone seen this kind of thing before? Here's a closer pic:
lockface.jpg

Whaddya think?

HH,
Ceejay

Upvote 0
S

southbound

I have seen lockfaces like that here in Germany. They are still in use here. Don't know how old it is though. Cool finds. P.S. they are used on doors and padlocks.
Vern

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
CEEJAY, Nice Haul On The Relics, That Style Pad Lock Was Common In The Early To Mid 1800's. I Have Found Some At CW Sites Here. Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 146

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread