What's new

funny

1917slq

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
I went to the bank on Friday and ask for $1 in pennies, and if they have any Half's. The teller say's no. But a lady two seats away say's she has $12. Great. As I'm getting my pennies there are two tellers huddled over the half's talking about them. I'm thinking these are not Kenndy's. I run over quick and put my $12 on the counter as if to say "you said $12", before they could come up with a story. They reluctantly hand them over, and I see worn silver rims. Out in my car I find Two Walker's! 1943, 1945. and also one 1969. Also got a 1964 at another bank. A good day and my first walkers.
 
Upvote 0
Nice. Way to be quick on your toes. I bet that lady was kicking herself after you left. Love it.

Golden Silver
 
Two Walkers on your first try! Amazing. It took me months to get a Walker. I hope your luck continues. You'll have days where you get more silver, but those old coins are something special (to me at least).

OWS
 
That is not funny! This is war and anything goes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom