What's new

future dim for coin shooters

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has anyone noticed the condition of modern coins after being buried for sometime? I just found a 200 year plus coin,its a shame our modern coinage will not be there 200 years from now for hunters to enjoy.
 
Just think, 200 years from now coins will be an ancient form of barter.
 
By then I'll be gettin' up there in age...probably won't be able to detect much. ;D
 
The only place they will find coins in 200 years is in some protected areas such as abandoned structures or old cellars , etc. If it comes to that I'll stop metal detecting and work on improving my love life. I imagine I might team up with Realdy for some pointers in the year 2290. Monty
 
show us some pics of your 200 year old find so we can see the shape it is in
 
:icon_scratch: I had a bunch of modern coins in a built in bank on my sailboat. After about five years they had clumped together and corroded to the point of being unidentifiable. Just a little dampness almost destroyed the majority of the coins. I guess the good thing is that they won't get in the way of finding the really old coins. ;D Where's me Grog? :coffee2:
 
I dont think China uses metal currency, so in 200 years, they wont be so worried about digging up coins from the country that used to be here.
 
Real de, if we live that long I'll tell you then! By then we probably won't have photos, probably a replicator like on star trek? Monty
 
ArcadianDelSol said:
I dont think China uses metal currency, so in 200 years, they wont be so worried about digging up coins from the country that used to be here.

Yes, they do. It is called Jiao and is aluminum......
 
arizonaames said:
ArcadianDelSol said:
I dont think China uses metal currency, so in 200 years, they wont be so worried about digging up coins from the country that used to be here.

Yes, they do. It is called Jiao and is aluminum......

aluminum coins!
So glad Im not a Chinese coin shooter.
 
I hope for all our future peoples the world is still inhabitable cuz the way we are going now it won't
 
mlayers said:
show us some pics of your 200 year old find so we can see the shape it is in
look on my finds of 2008, its there JR
 
Sure will get tougher.

Coin shooting will be a hard road.

Just have to work harder.

all have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE
 
mlayers said:
show us some pics of your 200 year old find so we can see the shape it is in
[/quote ok
 

Attachments

  • antiques 002.webp
    antiques 002.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 267
  • antiques 002.webp
    antiques 002.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 249
  • antiques 002.webp
    antiques 002.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 243
All the modern coins in the U.S. turns to crap very quick. The only coins that hold up well are the copper Memorial cents. As for the future I am shocked we have not changed to aluminum by now for minting coins. Maybe even plastic lies in the future too. There be no plastic detectors hitting the parks or beaches then.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom