FYI, permits office moved

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
If you were used to going down to Brackenridge park to get your free THing city parks permit, they've moved.

So I'm thinking what could be better than going to one of the oldest parks in the city to get your permit to hunt for the oldest stuff in the city's dirt.

Well the permit office is now downtown on like the 11th floor of an office building hidden behind a dozen or so filing cabinets.
The actual office building is 114 W Commerce aka The Municipal Plaza Building.
longitude -98.49417544127037, latitude 29.42490373690909

At least you only have to make the trip 4 times a year. (And no, you can't fax it to them, I asked.) (And yes, I have been asked for mine before while detecting in a local park.)

Attachments

• permits.kml
    563 bytes · Views: 152

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I have been hunting Dallas parks. Have not been stopped yet. Any idea if a permit is required here? I cant find a listing for one.

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
Tin Nugget said:
I have been hunting Dallas parks. Have not been stopped yet. Any idea if a permit is required here? I cant find a listing for one.

Here is their home page: http://www.dallascityhall.com/html/park_and_recreation.html

Can't hurt to call them. I looked for info on their site, but found none. Of all the Parks and Rec departments that I have called (one for each little city around here), they have either stated that there was no policy, and therefore legal, or they had a policy and a clear way to get a permit if necessary. Though a county park department said that they didn't allow metal detectors in the county parks, period. Maybe I caught the wrong person on the wrong day, I might just call them back...

T

texas hunter

Got a name and ph.# for the San Antonio Parks permit---Barbara Galoway--(210) 207-8797.
Hope this helps --HH

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
texas hunter said:
Got a name and ph.# for the San Antonio Parks permit---Barbara Galoway--(210) 207-8797.
Hope this helps --HH

In fact it is her desk that I gave directions to in my earlier post ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread