What's new

G2 on the Way!

kleinerschmitter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2010
Messages
439
Reaction score
1,063
Golden Thread
0
Location
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ordered a brand new Teknetics G2 from Bart@BBH! Great deal and a joy to work with, Thanks Bart!! I can't wait to try this baby out, no more digging hundreds of nails to find the coins hiding amongst them with my Ace 250!!
 
Great choice! They run super quiet and VERY sensitive.
 
Don't forget to post you impressions of the Teknetics G2 here once you get it!
 
Well, it came in last night! I spent a great deal of time poring over the manual and putting different coins, trash, and jewelry items to see what they hit. Seems to work really well with the soil here in central Texas. Unfortunately, I had work all day today so I still haven't been able to take it out but if it stays dry tomorrow, I'll be able to take her out for her first dance! I can't wait, I've got a trashy spot picked out where that 5" coil is going to tear it up that I couldn't detect with my Ace 250! Thanks again Bart! Will report again tomorrow! Oh, I've found wheats at this site but no silver yet...
 
First impressions without using it is that it is very sturdy, at first I was kinda worried that it wouldn't be but once I tightened everything down it was rock solid! Feels like a feather in my hand, even one of my detecting buddies says he can barely feel it, 2.8lbs is light and with the smaller coil I think it's even lighter! I like both the Discrimination mode and the All Metal mode and the ability to automatic and manual ground balance is something that I can tell is going to be amazing once I learn the machine better. Last night while air testing it hit very strong on targets, VDI numbers didn't jump. Pull tabs were hitting a solid 60 and nickels a solid 58, they only started to change a bit when I was over 6 inches away from the coil. All of the coins hit strong and after turning the gain up a bit I was easily getting 10+ inches on nickels and quarters. I really think I'm going to like this detector!
 
Great report!! Glad you like it! Keep us posted!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom