gaining permission

Dirt.Is.Good.4U

Nov 27, 2012
Nicholasville, KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd say you will have a better chance than most at gaining permission. Check out these suggestions from TN member, GoneHunting. How I Gain Permission to Metal Detect | Gonehunting For History-United States Keep in mind how you would want to be approached by someone you didn't know. Be polite and respectful of their property. Yes, Sir/Ma'am and No, Sir/Ma'am goes a long way since it is heard less and less from the younger generation when addressing parents and elders. They just might be impressed you are outdoors enjoying yourself instead of inside parked in front of the Xbox. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just be nice, be yourself. Type something up, maybe have your parents help on that or something(not that I'm trying to demean your talent) and I'm sure that things will go your way.
Heck, if I owned a farm and some kid knocked on my door asking if he could metal detect I'd be like sure go ahead, just watch out for the cows though lolol. Just make sure you don't dig into any sprinkler lines as those farmers have MASSIVE sprinklers that cost THOUSANDS.
Be prepared for any answer. Also remember that a farmer's land is an extension of their home. It's their way of life and how they support their life. Some people might not be ready for you to start digging. Good luck and keep us updated you youngster!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may also want to check with your family, your friends, and their families to see if anyone knows the farmer well. Being introduced by a mutual friend can help break the ice and help you gain permission.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try posting your location and asking if any members live nearby to help you out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread