What's new

Game ball artifact or geofact?

digordie

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
This was found in colorado by a friend. Just wondering what it is. Its very heavy.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130111_130030.webp
    ForumRunner_20130111_130030.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 6,269
  • ForumRunner_20130111_130046.webp
    ForumRunner_20130111_130046.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 8,187
Upvote 0
I have several of those that are from know sites but mine are polished smooth.

By the way digordie, I love your profile picture of the briefcase axe! I recently read an article about that axe on the Hawkeye State Archaeological Society of Iowa's website.

"This is a 3/4 groove axe of the late Archaic period dating to the 1500 B.C. range. The axe is 8 1/2 inches wide by 15 inches long and fits nicely into a briefcase. The axe weighs 25 pounds 4 ounces."

Thanks I wish I had been the one to find the briefcase axe. I saw it at a show once and couldn't believe my eyes. The owner was a really great guy who took time to talk to everyone and let us take pics. He is a doctor I believe.Its an amazing artifact.
 
Welcome to the site but your find is a "Sandstone Concentration" its natural.
 
Ala natural
Some pretty creative thinking though
 
I find these in the creek. I brought 1 home and am going to crack it open. These are natural. Mine is weathered more as you can see but there are more I have left out there.
 

Attachments

  • SDC10868.webp
    SDC10868.webp
    346.4 KB · Views: 197
  • SDC10869.webp
    SDC10869.webp
    339.9 KB · Views: 165
This is a round shot stone cannon ball
 
This is a round shot stone cannon ball

Yes they did use stone cannon balls in the past. It would have to be perfect roundness to be one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom