What's new

Game stone?

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at some threads on here last night, I was wondering if this is a game stone? I found it yesterday. How can you tell if it is? thanks for the help.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00151.webp
    DSC00151.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC00152.webp
    DSC00152.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
It could be. I like to put it like this. If it was found in an area where there is a lot if creek cobbles and they all are rounded then its a good possibility that its natural. If its found on a known site and and it doesn't match the surrounding stone then its probably an artifact. Game stone hammerstone or grinder.
 
It could be. I like to put it like this. If it was found in an area where there is a lot if creek cobbles and they all are rounded then its a good possibility that its natural. If its found on a known site and and it doesn't match the surrounding stone then its probably an artifact. Game stone hammerstone or grinder.

or possible cooking stone
 
Biscuit discoidal? It does look natural to me at first glance though.
 
It was found at a site where I have picked up a few artifacts. I just picked it up because it looked different. I didnt notice any that looked like this one. I'll hang on to it. Conversation peice at the very least. Thanks guys.
 
It's the right size and shape for a bola stone..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom