Gamma 6000 coils

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Added a tek gamma 6000 to my arsenal a couple of weeks ago and really like it..It is the 8" concentric coil and am hunting a real trashy demo'ed school with lots of junk,machine is darn good as is but wondering if the 5" dd or the nel 9.5 x 5.5 Sharpshooter would work better..I know the 5" dd would be best all out trash but i'm looking for the best overall improvement,trash and depth..2 birds with one stone type thing,but i know the 5" has a stellar reputation but what about the NEL coil? Info welcome,:blackbeard:

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
Gamma Coils

I have both the Gamma and omega. I use the nels sharpshooter on the gamma and the stock coil on the omega. If you are in real trashy areas I would get a 5 inch coil whether nels or Teknetics. The sharpshooter is ok in moderate trash, but would be no match to some of the 4-5 inch coils I have used on BH, Fisher, and Tesoro. My next coil purchase will be a 5 inch coil from nels. I not convinced they are better than the teknetics coil, but they are cheaper. My sharpshooter is very well made and is reliable. I don't hunt as much in real trashy areas as I hunt sports fields, fresh water swimming beaches, volley ball courts, ect. I would say a 5 inch coil is tailor made for the gamma and omega in the right conditions. Good luck!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 5" is the bomb, just gotta go slow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions