What's new

Garret at pro or minelab xterra 705?

Wsperow

Greenie
Joined
Aug 6, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which machine would be the best all around?
 
Well, if you think at some point you might want to hunt in the water, the AT Pro would be the one. I have a separate water machine, and love land hunting with my Xterra
 
Thanks the only water places i would even have to hunt would be small rivers and streams. Is the xterra a better land machine? mostly i will be hunting old home sites and coal mining and logging towns.
 
I have had a whites DFX and a Spectra V3I and now I use an AT-Pro. I am perfectly happy with it, and while you can tell it is a little less of a machine than the whites I had, for the money, it can't be beat. It hits deep targets just fine in pro mode, and the only real difference is that it doesn't discriminate deep targets as well. I tend to dig anything deep anyways, so I could care less. All in all, a very good machine especially with the added bonus of being water proof.
 
Thanks the only water places i would even have to hunt would be small rivers and streams. Is the xterra a better land machine? mostly i will be hunting old home sites and coal mining and logging towns.

I have owned both and I wouldn't say one is better or worse than the other. The Xterra is a bit lighter and definitely better balanced than the AT Pro, and you can change the frequency higher or lower by purchasing different coils. I didnt care for the AT Pro but its more individual preference regarding feel and sound rather than the detectors overall abilities that led me to get rid of it. Love the Xterra.
 
I would go with the xterra my self
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom