??Garrett 2500 imaging

T

tuckwt

Maybe someone out there can help me out. I recently bought a Garrett GTI 2500 the imaging works very well to about 8 inches. In the 10 to 12+ inch range every target shows up at pop can size or larger. Is this because the imaging doesn't work at that range or is everything that deep bigger than a pop can. (ha) Just wondering if anyone has noticed this and have suggestions. I usually hunt in coin mode. Any comment will be a help.

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Targets get out of range at that depth and the detector gets confused, it's up to you and experience whether or not to dig. I find old silver coins here in Germany that sound off good but VDI or image as foil, I dig most targets but hunt mostly farm fields. HH, Mike

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Targets get out of range at that depth and the detector gets confused, it's up to you and experience whether or not to dig.? I find old silver coins here in Germany that sound off good but VDI or image as foil, I dig most targets but hunt mostly farm fields.? HH, Mike

Agree with Mike on this one, and also,

usually if the signal is strong/loud but showing 10 to 12 inches,

the target usually is large.

One way to tell is to lift the coil like 3 inches and see if it still reads, and then 6 inches, and more. If the target stops sounding off at 2 or 3 or 4 inches, it may be worth digging. If it still sounds off at 6 or more, then, you know it's a very large target.

HH

Lonewolfe

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
is that similar to an arc deo logger? I've heard of both but have yet to see one work. Keep me posted pls I need to find out if it's crap or not.
Dano

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
For that kind of money it better go 24 inches of maybe 6 ft. Still think my dog can smoke both of them lol

OP
OP
T

tuckwt

thanks for your help, I guess it all comes down to experience and practice, and alot of digging.
Thanks again HH

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonewolfe said:
Bavaria Mike said:
Targets get out of range at that depth and the detector gets confused, it's up to you and experience whether or not to dig.? I find old silver coins here in Germany that sound off good but VDI or image as foil, I dig most targets but hunt mostly farm fields.? HH, Mike

Agree with Mike on this one, and also,

usually if the signal is strong/loud but showing 10 to 12 inches,

the target usually is large.

One way to tell is to lift the coil like 3 inches and see if it still reads, and then 6 inches, and more. If the target stops sounding off at 2 or 3 or 4 inches, it may be worth digging. If it still sounds off at 6 or more, then, you know it's a very large target.

HH

Lonewolfe

Genius!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 170
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 156

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread