Garrett Ace 350 tips....

T.C.W.

Greenie
Jul 25, 2012
Hey guys spent about 6 hours hunting over the weekend with our Garrett 350 and found a few coins nothing worth mentioning , but also discovered a ton of POP tops and cans. I know that comes with the territory , but was curious if anyone has been using this detector and could pass along a few tips for coin searching. Greatly appreciate it.

TCW- we can dig it!!!!

Upvote 0

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i only had mine about 6 weeks now but one thing ive learned about cans is if you hold ur coil 6-8 inches off the ground and its still screaming as if it was a coin, 99% of the time it is not a coin, its just a can........hope this helps

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used the 350 for some time now and it is a good machine. It will probably take you a good 10-20 hours before you really start getting the knack of it. I would suggest turning down the sensitivity a notch or two. This depends on several factors: are you hunting in a real trashy area, type of soil, etc. If you are hunting public parks and you are finding alot of tabs you can always discriminate out the tabs but then you are leaving out some of the gold targets. I usually hunt in relice mode or disc against iron only. I've used it enough to know if it is a pop tab, most of the time. Keep an eye and ear out for the signal given as you sweep across the target. As the target gets toward the front of the coil (this is how I pinpoint) it will usually change to a coin signal, but only for about an inch or less. I then can usually say its a pop top.

Hope this made some sense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread