What's new

Garrett AT Pro problem..

ryaan21

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2007
Messages
437
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent my garrett at pro in for service. The speaker was not working correctly. I just got it back. It worked fine. Plugged my headphones in, unplugged them, now the speaker is messed up again. I am at my wits end here. I sometime like hunting without the headphones so I can hear what is going on around me. I spent $25 shipping this thing to texas...I am pretty upset.

Anyone else have this problem??
 
I'd suggest calling Garrett. I think they will help you. Perhaps for the good PR they might pay your return shipping on a failed repair? Best wishes, George (MN)
 
I emailed them, no response. It really sucks because this is my only detector. Oh well, what can ya do right?
 
Call their toll free number; you'll get right through to them. Email generally takes a day for a reply.
 
Did you try to reset it?
When the machine is on, hold the on/off button down until you hear two beeps.
Page 11 in the owners manual.
That resets it back to factory settings.
Hopefully that fixes it for ya.
 
Your problem is the jack. When you plug in the headphones you break the connection to the speaker. When you remove the headphone plug It is not reconnecting the speaker. It just needs the spring contact 'ajdusted' on the jack. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom