Garrett ATX: Iron Check problem...

North

May 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I have an ATX and have been using since 3 months in the country side. Here is the problem: testing the iron check on air, there is no problem at all, it works perfectly. But with buried objects iron check goes in trouble: both high and low conductors give the "grunt"...but it's not iron! The soil is mineralized and that's why I bought a P.I. Do you think I have to give it back to the seller to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron check on PIs have always been shaky and can be down right inconclusive and in many situations wrong. Unfortunately that is the burden of the PI, you do not have a real ability to separate iron out accurately. On the plus side the ATX does an outstanding job on hot rocks but is just meh as with the other brands on Iron targets. I have noticed in California with the drought and the soil being so dry I am getting a ton of false positives with the stock coil and have just been using the mono coil and digging everything.

OP
OP
N

North

May 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron check on PIs have always been shaky and can be down right inconclusive and in many situations wrong. Unfortunately that is the burden of the PI, you do not have a real ability to separate iron out accurately. On the plus side the ATX does an outstanding job on hot rocks but is just meh as with the other brands on Iron targets. I have noticed in California with the drought and the soil being so dry I am getting a ton of false positives with the stock coil and have just been using the mono coil and digging everything.

Thank you for you answer!

Yes, you're right about iron check!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread