Garrett ATX...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you can get over the $2500 dollar sticker shock, I would think a set of submersible headphones should be included. I understand "ya get what you pay for" completely, I drive a 65K dollar truck that TALKS to me... But for the ATX that's only gonna BEEP at me you'd think you'd get the blue Garrett waterproof phones included.

Or perhaps they could have done a deal where ya buy the ATX, and get your pick of a pro-pointer OR submersible phones!

Is that too much to ask?

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
People will complain about anything...design it and manufacturer one yourself and see how much free stuff you want to give away after all your cost.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
People will complain about anything...design it and manufacturer one yourself and see how much free stuff you want to give away after all your cost.

Thanks for your opinion.

frog21

Mar 5, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tejaas, you can get the ATX for much less than $2500, even a lot less that $2,000. I ordered mine from a dealer in Texas and got a great price.

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro
Yes that is true...dealers will work with you via email or phone for better pricing. Mashdetectors is good at that.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Unless you are going diving, you won't need water proof headsets. I hardly ever use my water proof headsets when I have water hunted. The Garretts stock headsets work just fine. They have gotten a good dunki'n a few times and still work fine. The speakers are made of milar, not cardboard.

Of course, a lot of people do upgrade and buy a headset, after market coils, covers etc. of their own choosing. But, the basic detector with the stock coil is 80% of what you need.

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get over the $2500 dollar sticker shock, I would think a set of submersible headphones should be included. I understand "ya get what you pay for" completely, I drive a 65K dollar truck that TALKS to me... But for the ATX that's only gonna BEEP at me you'd think you'd get the blue Garrett waterproof phones included.

Or perhaps they could have done a deal where ya buy the ATX, and get your pick of a pro-pointer OR submersible phones!

Is that too much to ask?

The advertised dealer price on the ATX as follows:

Standard Package: $2120.75, comes with 12" DD Coil only and Soft Case only

Deepseeker Package: $2546.56, comes with 12" DD Coil & 20" Mono Searchcoil, plus Hard & Soft Case

You could easily work a deal on the Standard package for under Two Grand out the door with some goodies thrown in

Something tells me I will be working a deal on one shortly.
Based on what and where on the beach I have been finding stuff, my AT Pro is only getting the top 40 years or so (6"-9") worth of coins and jewelry. There is another layer that is three times older under there, that the guys in the 70's & 80's left behind :) Can't Wait!!

Then throw in some good beach erosion with hopefully some big ass kick'n storms this winter and I'll be in silver heaven.

Last edited:

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Personally I believe certain things should be included with a detector. The first being a coil cover which should automatically be included (thank you Tesoro) with every coil sold.
Maybe not so much water proof headphones in the ATX's case but maybe an option in a package or offered cheaper with the purchase of a machine. Especially a high dollar machine.
Don't get me wrong about the ATX as I'm interested to hear & see more video's from users in the future. For a high dollar machine this one catches my eye over other high end machines. For one, it doesn't have a display +++

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Tejas im in central Texas ill sell you my water proof headphones lol never use them

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tejas im in central Texas ill sell you my water proof headphones lol never use them Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Don't suppose they are Gray Ghost Amphibians?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We will be doing several bundle deals with the Garrett ATX once it is in stock. Will will also beat any deal out. Especially for the Tnet guys and gals! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call or email! ;)

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We will be doing several bundle deals with the Garrett ATX once it is in stock. Will will also beat any deal out. Especially for the Tnet guys and gals! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call or email! ;)

Thanks Bart. When I'm ready, you'll have my business.
Again. Haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread