Garrett Freedom Ace Plus

N

Newline

I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who likes to play around with good detectors but does not have tons of money to spend on them. I have been able to get a couple of the older machines from the bigger manufacturers (Fisher, Garrett) for fairly small prices and have had pleasant results. I have used the fancy machines and have found that since I am not a particular searcher ( I just like to find lost things, be they coins, jewelry, toys, even caps and nails. I like digging with results) I am very happy with just having an accurate detector that I can use to locate the right place to dig at fair depths. And I feel, maybe incorrectly, that I get to know my machine better when it's just me and the beep. I learn its tone volume, the settings of disc and sens that best suit me in a situation and I can get more in touch with the detecting. All of that being said, I have a favorite machine. The Garrett Freedom Ace Plus, apparently an old machine and "outdated" but I am extremely pleased with it. I have used it on wet sand, dry sand, rocky soil, yards....everywhere I go to detect and have NEVER been disappointed. It seems to have extrmely long battery life ( I don't measure hours but I rarely have to change them). I have detected twist ties down over 6 inches, which might be a pain for some but I saw it as a triumph of the machine. I have found numerous coins, mostly clad, a few rings, much trash of course but also old horseshoes, watches, just everything. I wanted to put this out there for anyone else looking for some great value, a great name in detectors and a low price. Knowing what I do now I would gladly pay more than I did for this machine (76.00 plus 9.00 s/h on ebay) and in enjoyment alone it has paid for itself. Of course, at the rate I find coins and jewelry, it will easily pay for itself monetarily as well. I have found only a couple of old reviews online by people who have used the machine and have seen no bad reports. I would be interested if anyone else on here has had any experience with the machine. I love it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are doing everything right. Some of us hunters are hung up on programs, many id tones, max. sensithvity and then cry when we dig up a rusty nail at a foot deep. We asked for the depth and got it. The meter lies to us most times, but we pass up the strange numbers when it should really be dug. Some forget why they started to detect.

You are enjoying yourself, that is what it is about. :D

Sandman

joeyp12000

Jul 31, 2006
Rockford Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism
I still use a freedom ace 250, You can cover lots of ground fast and also get the deeper coins as well. Great machine..Eventually will move on to something a little newer but for now this does the trick!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread