HOLA Green apples: I am curious , how much time have you spent "learning" to use it? I have one and it works superbly here in Mexico, an area loaded with iron and minerals.
Do you clearly understand the instructions written in English or Spanish? If not, ask Mr Charles Garrett personally if he can supply them in the idioma which you are most familiar with.
I have known him for 20 some years and I have found that he is a treasure hunter himself when ever possible. He knows and understands dectorists problems , and is constantly trying to improve his instruments and help others. He has established an excellent team to help with problems such as you have, the only thing is that You have to contact them and tell them of your problem or they cannot help you.
Don Jose d e La Mancha
p.s. check with Zobex, he might be able to help you.